Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Take Off Factor (Read 3807 times)
Seria17hri11er

Take Off Factor
Dec 26th, 2007 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
In the flight characteristics and performance data manual, there is a chart on page 18 titled "Critical Field Length."  I understand how to use this chart, however I do not understand where to get my "Take Off Factor," nor do I know what it is.  So, as of right now I don't know how long the runway needs to be for me to take off, and I'm just guessing in the dark...

IP Logged

ted striker

Re: Take Off Factor
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 12:32am
Print Post  
i'd just try shorter and shorter runways.  fuel quantity will change it too.

IP Logged

Seria17hri11er

Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Thanks Capt Obvious.  Cheesy  I don't like guessing in the dark.  I like to choose where I'll fly from, then to, and I want to know my max takeoff weight for the takeoff runway length, and my max landing weight for the landing runway length.

IP Logged

krswen

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Hi ..... go here  http://www.kc130.com/Flight%20Manuals.htm and download Manual One.  It is a pdf file of the performance manual.  Take-off factor is described starting on page 34 and the performance curves start on page 47.  I haven't studied it yet, so I'm not an expert.  Maybe you can teach us all!

If you decide to download the 650 page flight manual (Manual Two), I have created a table of contents in a little zip file that I can send you ... will save a lot of hunting since the pages are numbered by chapter rather than consecutively.

Good luck!

krswen

IP Logged

krswen

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Well, I read through the performance manual today.  Take-off factor seems to be an adjustment for density altitude that allows you to use standard day curves and makes allowances for non-standard conditions.  The last section on mission planning is a good summary if you like to fly a disciplined and realistic simulation.

Have you downloaded a TOLD calculator?  Try Googling C-130 TOLD.  There's one based on an Excel spreadsheet.  I've also got one from "shazapis", but I can't remember where I downloaded it.

Ken

IP Logged

krswen

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 2:22am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Seria17hri11er

Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2008 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Thanks alot krswen, I really appreciate it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top