Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 fps (Read 7166 times)
stavka

fps
Dec 22nd, 2007 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I have FSX with SP1 running in WinXP SP2 my fps in fsx is (in high density areas) 15 fps (with high settings and in 2d cockpit), with this aircraft the fps drops to 5 or 6 fps !!! I make all things include desactivate and lower all graphics settings but my fps doesn't change! I try many things i discover that the problem of my fps drop is the exterior model! I remove it (rename the mdl file) and it runs very well (with good fps) but many systems doesn't work like many knobs and buttons, like apu (with mdl file all systems works). So please help me and say what i must or do a alternative external (mdl file) model that will be less fps killer.
I also discover that the external mdl have many strange giant 3d models (try to rename the texture directory and see what i say). can you make a mdl file without all auxiliar cars and cargo as a alternative one ???

I have many complex payware addons but this problem only exist in this aircraft.

Thanks in advance

With best regards

Tercio Sampaio

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: fps
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2007 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
The C-130X exterior model is very fps friendly and provides pretty much same fps as the default FSX 747. So there is definitely no need of any 'light' version of the C-130 model.
I'd recommend to install FSX SP2 and check your system settings.

IP Logged

Private-Cowboy

Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2007 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
I can also say that the framerate does not suffer at all with the C-130X. No idea how you guys did it but this is an amazing job, I get about the same performance out of the C-130X as out of Aerosofts BeaverX.

IP Logged

christoole

Reply #3 - Dec 24th, 2007 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Interesting.  Same as Tercio, am getting an fps drop from 25 to 12 in a standard (replicatable) situation with the C-130 loaded.   Shame, as love the model - it's just not too usable currently.

Will try applying SP2 and see if that makes the difference (was hoping not to yet, because of alleged impacts on scenery such as UK2000).

Will let you'all know if it makes a difference...

Chris

IP Logged

Tatankamani

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2007 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Hi,
I am having same FPS problems as Tercio and Chris. I am running FSX SP1 (WinXP SP2).  For comparison: FSX Baron 58…35-40 fps, another company Beaver…30-35 fps), C-130…10-12 fps VC and 15-17 fps 2D cockpit). After changing back to Baron 58, frames increase again to 35-40 fps.
Any help is appreciated
Bruno   

IP Logged

stavka

Reply #5 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Hello,

The SP2 for fsx solves the fps problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wink

So i recommend to install SP2!!!

I Love this airplane!!! Thanks very much!!! This Aircraft is Amazing!!!!

With best regards

Tércio Sampaio

IP Logged

Redsteak

Reply #6 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 4:54am
Print Post  
stavka wrote on Dec 26th, 2007 at 1:02am:
Hello,

The SP2 for fsx solves the fps problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wink

So i recommend to install SP2!!!

I Love this airplane!!! Thanks very much!!! This Aircraft is Amazing!!!!

With best regards

Tércio Sampaio

I followed this and it raised my fps about 8! I am still getting 9 fps though, it used to be 1 fps. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo with an 8800 GTS, 2 gigs of ram, and I am running FSX on Windows XP with SP2, without Acceleration. Please help people, I know so much about computers, but the this problem simply leaves me incapable of explaining it. I do NOT want 55 dollars down the drain! Angry

IP Logged

Seria17hri11er

Reply #7 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
This isn't going to solve your problem, but may help.  Checkout FSAutostart
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/FSAutoStart.shtml

IP Logged

chazzer

Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2008 at 7:50am
Print Post  
I have downloaded and installed the C130X to my computer and the FPS were terrable, with minimum scenery settings and using the standard Grey USAF C130E I was getting 1.75fps at an airport.
I fitted a new 7500NVIDIA Graphics card and it did seem a little better.
I assumed that installing service Pack 1 would do the trick but it didnt.
Installing Service Pack 2 did and now with medium scenery settings I get good frame rates and the C130 is a pleasure to fly.
Cant wait for Captain Sim release all thos addons.

Chazzer Cheesy Cheesy Wink

IP Logged

christoole

Reply #9 - Jan 10th, 2008 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Just as a follow-up to my earlier post, SP2 *did* make an appreciable difference to framerates, so would recommend this.

Chris

IP Logged

ross1562

Reply #10 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Captainsim,
       Same as usual but only one reply from you!! Why does it not state in more info/system requirements that SP2 would be recommended for this package???? Not everyone wants SP2 installed on there comp.  Sad

As for your statement about being the same as default 747, what a load of rubbish!!!!

C130 FPS, 3-5 with all sliders to left.
747 default: 20-30 with most sliders to right.

Put simply, this add-on is a complete FPS eater and nightmare which means it is almost un-flyable!!!!  Angry Angry

Same as all your other products like the 757 base. Both bought, both uninstalled after one load up.

£60.00p down the drain. So unhappy.

Concentrate on Frames next time, although there wont be a next time for me.

IP Logged

ross1562

Reply #11 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Dec 24th, 2007 at 9:37pm:
The C-130X exterior model is very fps friendly and provides pretty much same fps as the default FSX 747. So there is definitely no need of any 'light' version of the C-130 model.
I'd recommend to install FSX SP2 and check your system settings.

Can someone from Captainsim please contact me personally as you have recommended installing SP2 but it does not state this in system requirments.

I would like a refund.

Many thanks,

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #12 - Jan 14th, 2008 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
ross1562 wrote on Jan 13th, 2008 at 4:53pm:
as you have recommended installing SP2 but it does not state this in system requirments.

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS are provided for general information.
Obviously we cannot so we do not provide some magic "best for all" setup info because all computers are different.

IP Logged

running

Reply #13 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Here is an observation that might help some people that get caught in mid flight with low fps...
For some reason if my fps drops to single digits (due to weather or terrain that demands more power than my PC has) switching to virtual cockpithelps a little bit, but switching to the co-pilot seat gets my framerate back almost up to normal.

I have no idea what makes the co-pilot seat perform better as almost all the info the pilot gets the co-pilot also gets. But for me it really makes a difference.

IP Logged

Spookster67

Reply #14 - Feb 9th, 2008 at 6:26am
Print Post  
christoole wrote on Jan 10th, 2008 at 8:10pm:
Just as a follow-up to my earlier post, SP2 *did* make an appreciable difference to framerates, so would recommend this.

Chris

Yep, I've just found exactly the same thing, with Base Pack 1.1.  On FSX SP1 I was getting 3-5 FPS Cry, even with sliders well down. Now on FSX SP2 I'm getting 15-20 FPS Smiley with sliders fairly well up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top