Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Opinions from those who have already bought (Read 6638 times)
lowew79

Opinions from those who have already bought
Dec 22nd, 2007 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
So, those of you who have already bought the FSX version, what do you think? Is it as good as the FS9 version? better? worth the 55$ USD?

IP Logged

bc14_fireems

Re: Opinions from those who have already bought
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Minus a few system problems I've encountered so far I would give it a bit better than FS9, The visual model isn't as important to me as flight systems. but still worth it IMHO

IP Logged

fjacobsen

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
As asked in another thread - Have Captain sim fixed the flight director and what are the other problems You found so far ?

Normally I wouldn´t hesitated buying a addon aircraft if it looks interesting. But my previous experience with Captain sim hasn´t been positive.

As a owner of the FS9 C-130, there where bugs that never was fixed. Not that I expect that any addon should or even can be made perfect, but some of the bugs was too big to be overlooked.

Wothan

IP Logged

Schlumpf

Reply #3 - Dec 24th, 2007 at 5:58pm
Print Post  

Smiley

IP Logged

Private-Cowboy

Reply #4 - Dec 24th, 2007 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Its a great piece of coding here. I was also a but sceptical because of my other CS addons. But the C-130X is a total surpise to me. Especially the framerate, which is not much below a standard FSX plane and MUCH better than the like of a another company or another company, is really good. And I love the attention to detail here, one of the best VCs I've seen.

This is def. a thumbs up!!!

IP Logged

Kusch

Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2007 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Please more cockpit shot  Smiley

IP Logged

running

Reply #6 - Dec 25th, 2007 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Here you go Smiley

IP Logged

JB

Reply #7 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Did it do ok after SP2?...  

Yes SP2 made a big difference.  I had to lower my scenery and autogen settings also.

The C-130X runs great, except in high autogen and dense scenery areas at low altitudes.
Like over large cities and large airports.  Frame rates drop to single digits, very jerky.

In rural areas and at over 10,000ft it runs fantastic with frame rates from 25-70 FPS.
My  FPS is set to unlimited.

Since I've lowered my FSX settings it runs a lot better.

But, having to reload it each time in order to get all systems to work is a great big pain
in the Butt.  I hope Captain Sim has a fix for that?

IP Logged

bstolle

Reply #8 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
On my system the Herk runs approximately 20% slower than the default CRJ.
PLUS very smooth instruments.
I couldn't believe it but tested it and the Herk X in FSX (SP2) gives me even higher fps than the fs9 Herk in fs9!
Unbelievable with this amount of detail. A real winner  Smiley

Regards

Bernt Stolle  Capt 767

E6850, 2GB, 8800GTS  WinXP  FSX SP2 no cfg tweaks

IP Logged

Private-Cowboy

Reply #9 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Crap, wanne see something really scary...

The C-130X taking off from Lukla, fully loaded. I nearly wet my pants when I only had 65knots at the end of the runway. You basically nosedive into the valley till you gain enough speed to pull up.

IP Logged

krswen

Reply #10 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 1:34am
Print Post  
I had it in FS9 and I am very impressed with the new version.  The VC is especially nice with the "bunkbed" view and all.  It sometimes crashes FSX on shutdown, but not consistently.  Haven't found a repeatable pattern yet.

krswen

IP Logged

rmurdoch

Reply #11 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Fellow Captain Simmers...

I posted the following thread in another forum over the holidays, but will now repost it here. Anyone out there able to answer my questions?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all:

For those of you that have the CS FSX C-130, I have a few questions of how it compares to the FS9 version I bought. While CS got the exterior and interior visual models down almost perfectly, the operations of the aircraft left a lot to be desired based on a 'real' C-130.

#1) When starting the Herc, how long does it take to come up to 100%? A 'real' T-56 engine can take as long as 60 seconds to reach 60% (starter release), but the FS9 CS C-130 would be at 100% in 5, maybe 10 seconds. Very unrealistic.

#2) Are the engine generators on-line (producing power) at LSGI (69%-72%) of engine speed? That's the Low-speed ground idle range, where the four green 'mushroom' buttons are pushed down on the center console. The generators should NOT be on-line until the engines pass about 95%. If you operate the C-130 on the ground at LSGI with the engines running you won't have AC power unless you have the GTC/APU on and that generator selected, and then only two electrical busses powered.

#3) When the engines pass through 65% engine speed, there should be a SLIGHT drop in fuel flow as the engine driven fuel pump switches from series to parallel operation. Any sign of this?

#4) And lastly for today, when shutting down the engine(s) on the ground, we would look at the co-pilots propeller panel, select NTS, and when the engine(s) is/are shut down, there should be a MOMENTARY (less than 1 second) flash of the green NTS lights. It checks that the Negative Torque System is working. Just curious.

The first two items were the ones that made me stop using the CS FS9 C-130. I just couldn't get past that. The last two are little nit-picking things I would love to see modeled for realism, but could live without.

If you all can look for these, that would be great. It is a pricey addon, and I want to make sure it is better that the FS9 version.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks alot,

Rob

IP Logged

mjthfx

Reply #12 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
This is my first CS product and its the most detailed product I have purchased to date. It won't be my last either... I have already purchased XLoad and I am very happy with that as well.

Mark

- Mark Thompson&&
&&System Specs: &&P4 3.2Ghz Hyperthread - 4 GB RAM&&Nvidia 8800GT 512MB - 500 GB SATA HD&&SB Audigy SE sound&&Windows XP Pro (SP3)&&
&&FSX (SP1, SP2) - ASX - X Graphics - UTX - GEXen &&CH Yoke - CH Pedals - CH Pro Throttle - CH Fighterstick - CH Quad Throttle

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top