Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Before Buying (Read 3440 times)
alansari

Before Buying
Dec 6th, 2007 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Hi Guys,

i have some questions that i hope you can answer before i buy the product. I know the product is discountinued which is ok as i dont have FSX but only FS9.

I am currently running FS-2004 on a windows vista which is on an HP laptop. FS-2004 works fine in all aspects and i am happy with it.

I just want to know, if i purchase the legendary 727 can i use it on Windows Vista?

What are the current problems that people are facing and what should i look out for before buying it?

A quick reply will be appreciated as i need to have this running one way or other before i leave for Miami.

Regards

alansari

IP Logged

Stingray77

Re: Before Buying
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 7:56am
Print Post  
Hi Alan

Did you get any answer by now? 'Cause I am running the very same configuration as you do and bought "Leg 727" (and Leg 104) just yesterday. I have not yet been able to activate it (time-issues), but hope to do so this evening.

I guess (learnings from the faq-page), following issue might occur:
- firewall/antivir can block the activation

cure: close down "defender", shut off vir-screening for a while, and turn off firewall (how? it is in the router...)

Hope that will do the trick - or better: no issues! Roll Eyes

I am not quite sure, if activation offline would be better - I thought of trying to and doing the "online-part" here from my office pc, but as that one is secured, which I am not allowed to change or turn down, I am afraid that would be of no benefit...

So, cross your fingers........

If anybody else can comment or help, go ahaid! Smiley

IP Logged

Stingray77

Re: Before Buying
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2008 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Okay, news - and good ones indeed:

"Legendary 727" does not have any issues with Vista. Actually (I would say) that "727" just needs the FS2004 to run. And there is absolutely no problem to run FS2004 on Vista.

I installed and activated it online this morning and everything went smoothly (not so much with "Legendary 104" which I tried to install afterwards - see my post in the respective department). As posted yesterday, I "just" had to shut down the firewall to activate "online" rightaway.

I can tell you, it's big fun to see and fly that jet in FS2004! (I began with low realism to get started, but then performed my "maiden flight" from Hamburg to Berlin - plain cool.)
I (of course) "just" need to learn about the tids and bits - I was missing that lady on the co-pilot's seat for example, or I would have liked to switch the voices from British English to American instead (as I was flying under PanAm colors). But I hope, I will find out about things like those soon...

So if you are still interested (guess you should be back from Miami meanwhile): no problems to run "727" with your setup. Go ahead!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top