Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Add-on liveries wont install (Read 3700 times)
Glock Cop

Ha Ha HA! Loins!

Add-on liveries wont install
Sep 29th, 2007 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
I am trying to install some of the awesome liveries ive found for my 707. Problem is - I download them and properly place them in the variants folder, I fire-up the TCA and do the texture adder thing, they appear to install correctly but when I start the game - no new liveries!

Anyone got any ideas?

&&&&&&&&"Do you know what this could mean to the firm?! The billable hours?! I could finally build that house on the lake - and walk around naked. Ha Ha HA! Dangly parts!"&&&&The great Phil Ken Sebben

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Re: Add-on liveries wont install
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Can you tell me exactly what you did. I need more info to help you.  Wink

Don't let the game be the master, be the master of the game.&&------------------------------------------------------------&&&&Boeing 707-300 Cargo Captain

IP Logged

Glock Cop

Ha Ha HA! Loins!

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
ok, heres what i did:

1. Downloaded the livery I wanted from avsim.com

2. Double-clicked on the downloaded ZIP file on my desktop

3. When inside the ZIP file, I pressed the "Extract" button and sent the info to my "Setup" file (Also on the desktop)

4. The extraction process got all the information arranged into a file that I would later move to the "Variants" file

5. I opened the following folder - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Captain_Sim\707\Variants

6. From the "Setup" folder, I moved the newly-created livery folder to the before mentioned "Variants" folder

7. I closed the directory and located the "TCE" icon on my desktop

8. I double-clicked on the TCE icon to open the "Texture and Config Editor" application

9. when the program opened I noticed that there are two tags at the top of the TCE window - one says "Texturing" and the other says "Configs"

10. I click on the "Texturing" tab

11. In the "Add New" area I see a button that says "1 Select Variation" - I go ahead and push that button because logic suggest that it should be pushed first (what with the big number "1" right there in it)

12. When I press the button a small window opens that allows me to choose what Variant I want to add. I can see the address for the folder I just put my livery file into, so I know its not a trick

13. I click on the livery I want and click "OK"

14. Im treated to a nice picture and a brief dicription of the livery I had choosen. Here I am given the chance to edit what I want the aircraft discription and such to say, but more importantly I can now see that a button labeled "2 Add Variation" is now available...

15. I press the above button following the logic I formed in step #11

16. The computer loads the new livery and deletes the old livery folder from the Variants folder (goodbye old friend)

17. Finally, I see a button in the bottom right corner of the TCE window that says "Exit". I want to go check-out my new livery in the game so I go ahead and click that.

That is the process that I used to add the liveries, I imagine its the same one EVERYONE uses except when I load-up FS9 - the new livery isnt there.

&&&&&&&&"Do you know what this could mean to the firm?! The billable hours?! I could finally build that house on the lake - and walk around naked. Ha Ha HA! Dangly parts!"&&&&The great Phil Ken Sebben

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Well, everything you've done it correct. So I'm guessing its the livery. Can you give me the link to where you got it?

Don't let the game be the master, be the master of the game.&&------------------------------------------------------------&&&&Boeing 707-300 Cargo Captain

IP Logged

Glock Cop

Ha Ha HA! Loins!

Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
it wasnt just one livery, it was several different ones. All from avsim.com

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Hmm..... Try this one just for a test: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=USAF+Boeing+707+%281962%29&CatID=...

Right now I think it could be a problem within the TCE

IP Logged

Glock Cop

Ha Ha HA! Loins!

Reply #6 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
For some reason the TCE is working now. Ive got all my liveries installed. I had to start the TCE as admin from the Captain Sim folder in the FS9 directory. Next time I add a livery I will start the program from the desktop to see if there might be a problem there but for now - thanks for trying to help.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Happy I could help. As Captain Sim would say it, enjoy your flight!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top