Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
707 Night Lighting Textures (Read 4580 times)
brianlr

707 Night Lighting Textures
May 13th, 2007 at 8:03am
Print Post  
I have created a new night texture providing lighting to the tail of the 707 for my own personal use, but have a question about it:  did the 707 have the tail lit at night?

A second question related to the above:  I have notice that the left rearmost portion of the fuselage is lit by a significant glow from the rearmost light, but the right is not.  I wondered why this was so?  I have not been able to find the correct texture file to fix this and would like to know which file it is, and whether the glow should be reduced, removed, or balance by placing it on the right as well as the left?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Brian

IP Logged

brianlr

Re: 707 Night Lighting Textures
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2007 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim - do you have any suggestions?  It seems to be linked to the nav lights switch?

Regards,
Brian

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #2 - May 18th, 2007 at 9:20am
Print Post  
brianlr wrote on May 13th, 2007 at 8:03am:
I have notice that the left rearmost portion of the fuselage is lit by a significant glow from the rearmost light, but the right is not.  I wondered why this was so?  I have not been able to find the correct texture file to fix this and would like to know which file it is, and whether the glow should be reduced, removed, or balance by placing it on the right as well as the left?

Brian, please post some screenshots.

IP Logged

brianlr

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2007 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Good to find a response from the moderator - thank you!

I have a photo on the following page of my online albums:

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2209589420028279872kYvKnL

I am referring to the glow on the rear of the fuselage near the rear light.  I think this glow only appears when the nav lights are on, and only appears on the left side of the fuselage.  I believe it should probably be much less intense and cover a smaller area of the fuselage than it does, and should appear on the right of the fuselage as well as the left.  Please let me know if there is an easy fix for this problem.

The lighting on the vertical stabiliser is from a texture I have created.  Can you please confirm whether or not the 707 had tail lighting like this?  It is certainly not a feature of the standard textures?

I look forward to a response at your earliest convenience.

Many thanks,
Brian

IP Logged

brianlr

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2007 at 10:20am
Print Post  
HELP!!! ... H-E-E-E-E-L-P!!!  Huh

Does anyone from CaptainSim ever read this support forum??

It has been 6 days since I lodged my question and four days since I posted the screen shots.  Still no answer, let alone any kind of assistance.  Where is customer support??  Do I buy any more CaptainSim products???

Hoping for a prompt reply that provides some genuine support.   Undecided

Sincerely,
Brian

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2007 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Sorry but Captain Sim does not provide any tutorials on the textures design. Please check MS FS SDK for details.

IP Logged

brianlr

Reply #6 - May 25th, 2007 at 5:42am
Print Post  
Thank you for your reply.  Smiley

I am not requesting tutorial information on creating or editing textures - I know how to do that.  What I need is the following information specific to your CaptainSim product:

i. is this glow on the left fuselage at the tail programmed with the nav lights or is it produced by one of the texture files?
ii. if it is produced by a CaptainSim texture file, which file do I edit?
iii. if it is programmed with the nav lights, why does it appear on only the left side of the fuselage and not the right?
iv. if it is programmed with the nav lights would CaptainSim consider producing a patch to make it symmetrical on both sides of the fuselage?
v. did the real world 707 have lighting on the tail to illuminate the airline logo?

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Brian

IP Logged

brianlr

Reply #7 - May 27th, 2007 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Hi everyone

I discovered the cause of the lop-sided rear fuselage glow - it was an effects file from Nick's Night Lighting which was affecting all aircraft that use the default lights.  One problem solved, and nothing to do with CaptainSim programming!   Grin

The other question remains:  did the original 707s have lights to illuminate the airline logo on the tail? 

Does anyone know?   Huh

Regards,
Brian

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jun 17th, 2007 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
I don't think the 707 or DC-8 had logo lights.  I haven't seen a picture of either types with the tails illuminated.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2007 at 8:33am
Print Post  
No, the 707 did not have logo lights at the time. But I think that some were later fitted with them.

Don't let the game be the master, be the master of the game.&&------------------------------------------------------------&&&&Boeing 707-300 Cargo Captain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top