Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Thank you CS - this could be really GREAT! (Read 7565 times)
Fredo

Thank you CS - this could be really GREAT!
Jan 2nd, 2007 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
I've been a flight simmer for over 12 years now and have beed dreaming for a long time about taking it into space, in a realistic high quality simulation.

My ultimate dream is to be able to simulate the early flights during the 1960-ties, in the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo space crafts. They where very cramped crafts with limited numbers of panels and should therefore be possible to simulate (with VC) on a high level of realism (compared to the BIG Space shuttle). And somehow they also managed create simulators to train in for the lunar landings - with their 1960 computers... imagine what must be possible to do on a modern PC.

Blast of in Command Module (CM) ontop of a Saturn V. Dock manually with Lunar Module (LM) during transit to the moon. Undock LM and land manually on the moon. Blast from moon and rendezvous with with CM for another docking. All in your virtual VC craft under full manual control by YOURSELF...

I keep on dreaming - you keep up the good work! The sky IS NOT the limit!

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: Thank you CS - this could be really GREAT!
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2007 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Thank you for input!

IP Logged

joaobati

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2007 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Wow.... An Apollo spacecraft would be amazing... I know a lot of people who desire to buy a software simulating Apollo... Count me in!!!

IP Logged

firedog247

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 12:13am
Print Post  
It would be sweet to have that kind of addon.... I know I have always "dreamed" of it.
I have always loved the old apollo, gemini, and mercury spacecraft....

Someday (hopefully soon) us flight simmers will have a detalied version of it all....

IP Logged

razgriz31m

Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
but the Buran is better, match it w/ the Baikonur scenery and that would be historic

IP Logged

glcanon

Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:47am
Print Post  
razgriz31m wrote on Feb 7th, 2008 at 1:51pm:
but the Buran is better, match it w/ the Baikonur scenery and that would be historic

The Buran is better?  Yeah, if you like amusement park rides.   I believe what's left of the Buran is scattered in parts, all over Russia, in kids' playing grounds, with weeds growing around it.

Birdie flew once, unmanned.  Never carried any cargo.  Never carried any cosmonauts.  Never did anything important.  It was an UTTER FAILURE:  A collossal waste of energy, manpower, and public funds. 

But Buran never crashed or blew up, you say.   Ok, I'll give you that.  But 1 out of 1 isn't bragging material.

The Concorde had the best flying record, over 20 years worth... until the Air France incident.  Then Concorde went from first to worst, because it had so few flights under its belt compared to other airliners.

The B777 had the best flying record until the British Airway crash in January.   

Now I guess the A380 has the best flying record.   But God Forbid if an A380 ever crashes, I don't think the passengers will be so lucky as they were in that B777 (no deaths, just minor injuries an collapsed landing gear).

What makes best?   Based on number of flights, longitivity, and number of planes flying, the B737 is the most succussful airliner of all time.   Is it the best?   That depends on how you define best.

Is the Buran the best space shuttle?   I can't fathom how.

IP Logged

Fodda

Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
joaobati wrote on Jan 5th, 2007 at 12:38pm:
Wow.... An Apollo spacecraft would be amazing... I know a lot of people who desire to buy a software simulating Apollo... Count me in!!!

Surprised nobody has mentioned Orbiter yet... Unless of course CS have taken the posts down about a different product.

Go to http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html and find the basic Orbiter package, then find all the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo addons that have been made for it. You won't be disappointed.

Best thing? It's free... The whole lot.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top