Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Help with flying (Read 4235 times)
AndyM

Help with flying
Jan 1st, 2007 at 9:47am
Print Post  
OK, I'm obviously doing something wrong, I start on approach, everything is fine but i have virtually no control over the Shuttle. My joystick is plugged in and i can control things like the speedbrakes, but not the actual flying of the Shuttle (i.e. it just ploughs into the ground every time). I'm not sure if it's a joystick problem (which i've calibrated and seems OK) or i'm just missing something like a button to press to give me control. Any help here would be appreciated as i was looking forward to this release, thanks again,

Andy.

IP Logged

tjblank

Re: Help with flying
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2007 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
I had a similar problem which I just figured out (after trial and error).....After starting the scenario I have to bring up the menu toolbar (press the alt key), then go into flights pulldown and select reset. The scenario will start over but this time things seem to work. You also have to turn-off the autopilot for full manual control. Hope this helps....It did for me.

IP Logged

SabreHawk

Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2007 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
The ship at that point is controlled by the slew keys, and it is on autopilot. You do however have control of the vertical axis but still only by the slew commands, remember your out where there is no air for the surfaces to act upon. So RCS is the only way to control the ship, and the way this sim emulates the RCS is using the slew mode. BTW in case you wonder, RCS is "Reaction Control System"
Read your manuals, this is all covered. Wink

Oh, and I cant help this one..............."Flyin through space aint like dustin crops kid"   Cheesy

IP Logged

AndyM

Reply #3 - Jan 1st, 2007 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
tjblank wrote on Jan 1st, 2007 at 6:28pm:
I had a similar problem which I just figured out (after trial and error).....After starting the scenario I have to bring up the menu toolbar (press the alt key), then go into flights pulldown and select reset. The scenario will start over but this time things seem to work. You also have to turn-off the autopilot for full manual control. Hope this helps....It did for me.

Ah, that worked, thanks, actually managed to land it now, thanks again.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2007 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Please read Manual part III section 4.3.2

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top