Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Trim with AP on (Read 2562 times)
SpetzNatz

Trim with AP on
Sep 7th, 2006 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Hi guys, I'm new in this forum, and I'm not sure if it is still alive, but here it goes anyway:

my problem is very simple: when i turn the AP on, the aircraft holds the trajectory (which is ok); when i turn NAV or HDG on, it follows the path (which is ok); but when i attemp to trim up or down using the pitch control on the AP panel, is doesnt move an inch  Undecided...that same control, when turned to the sides, SUCESSFULLY makes the aircarf turn with a given bank, so I assume its not an AP issue.
What can be wrong with the software, or what can i be doing wrong with procedures ?

Thanks in advance for your atention

IP Logged

swedew

Re: Trim with AP on
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2007 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
UndecidedHere is the deal for that problem right now as I haven't seen in indication that CaptSim is trying to fix this. The AP is supposed to be the same design that was installed in the 727. That is what Boeing used for the 707 as it was a proved design. For the sim what seems to work best is set up your course and tubn on the AP to come to that heading, correcting your attitude with the manual trim or the altitude hold switch on the AP, marked wings level. Once on your base heading, switch off the AP and manually climb with the trim settings after turning off the wings level switch. Once you climb to your altitude, turn the AP back on and hit the wings level again. If you have drifted off your heading you can reaquire the heading as before.                                 Swede

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2007 at 8:36am
Print Post  
Please make sure you already downloaded the fix from our Technical Support Section: http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl?p=b707&i=21

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2007 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Also, make sure that your Altitude Hold Switch is off

Don't let the game be the master, be the master of the game.&&------------------------------------------------------------&&&&Boeing 707-300 Cargo Captain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top