Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Need a little help... (Read 2881 times)
ZombieAutopilot

Need a little help...
May 14th, 2006 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Just downloaded 757 - 200 block B!!! Cheesy This has got to be THE BEST flight sim add on so far!  GrinJust a few questions that i have if anyone can fill me in.

1. Switching views from the VC to the Spot Plane view and back to VC i find that the panels and the textures take a verrrry long time to load. I dont really want to lower the graphics settiings and my CPU, Motherboard, RAM and graphics card are all at a good quality. Is there anything i can do to speed up this process? Shocked

2. Is there any way of being able to get up out of the Cpt/FO seats and walk around the aircraft. In the videos i noticed that the user was able to walk around the cabin. Is this possible, because at the moment in order for me to go from the flight deck to the passenger seating area i have to reload the aircraft everytime after pressing the orange buttons the different location tool.

3. Finally when i try to run the 757 editor program that comes with block B, it says that the program needs to does not exist and a particular file needs to be created in the control panel?!

I do not want to sound critical in anyway, this really is the best add on i have ever purchased.

Thanks Very Much.

IP Logged

b757200

Re: Need a little help...
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2006 at 5:18am
Print Post  
ZombieAutopilot wrote on May 14th, 2006 at 3:40pm:
Just downloaded 757 - 200 block B!!! Cheesy This has got to be THE BEST flight sim add on so far!  GrinJust a few questions that i have if anyone can fill me in.

1. Switching views from the VC to the Spot Plane view and back to VC i find that the panels and the textures take a verrrry long time to load. I dont really want to lower the graphics settiings and my CPU, Motherboard, RAM and graphics card are all at a good quality. Is there anything i can do to speed up this process? Shocked

2. Is there any way of being able to get up out of the Cpt/FO seats and walk around the aircraft. In the videos i noticed that the user was able to walk around the cabin. Is this possible, because at the moment in order for me to go from the flight deck to the passenger seating area i have to reload the aircraft everytime after pressing the orange buttons the different location tool.

3. Finally when i try to run the 757 editor program that comes with block B, it says that the program needs to does not exist and a particular file needs to be created in the control panel?!

I do not want to sound critical in anyway, this really is the best add on i have ever purchased.

Thanks Very Much.

1. not really.. better harddrive will help a lot, like raid and such. but for the time being, you can just defrag and see if this will help. it takes a while for me too but i've gotten used to it as i hardly leave the cabin Smiley

2. yep. there are several utilities with which you can do just that. each has it's drawbacks... i know these folks' rules are pretty confusing when it comes to naming the "competition" but here we go. active camera, walk&follow and F1view (freeware) are the 3 that i know of.

3. i've no clue. might want to try technical support.

hope that's useful.

IP Logged

ZombieAutopilot

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2006 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Cool, will check this stuff out. So for the utilities that allow you to walk about, do i need to just search for them on the net and see if i can download them somewhere?

Thanks very much.  Smiley

IP Logged

CODY614

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2006 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library
F1 View

http://www.igfly.com/license.php?product=dbs-waf
Walk and Follow

http://www.anticyclone.be/active.html
Avtive camera

"3. Finally when i try to run the 757 editor program that comes with block B, it says that the program needs to does not exist and a particular file needs to be created in the control panel?!"

My guess is you are refering to...
Page 21-23 of the users manual 1?.....If so if you are trying to use items "7,8and9" they grayed out...Which means they are not working yet....
If something else other than those post it.... Wink

Jeff

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top