Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 TLK-39C (Read 21178 times)
Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Re: TLK-39C
Reply #30 - Sep 25th, 2007 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Grin

Well its a very good aircraft. I had lots of fun with it.

Don't let the game be the master, be the master of the game.&&------------------------------------------------------------&&&&Boeing 707-300 Cargo Captain

IP Logged

brettt777

Reply #31 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Well, I just ordered it so I'll find out for myself how good it is. Does it run independent of CFS2 or do you have to be in CFS2 to run it? Reason being my CFS2 is still very hard to get to work on this machine. Once it starts it's fine. It just has a very hard time starting...like it has a hard time reading the CD. It goes to the splash screen and just sits there for a few minutes and then eventually says I have the wrong CD in. But then once in a while it will work and then the sim runs fine.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #32 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Nope, all you need is the simulator you want to fly in. Dosn't have to be CFS2.  Wink

Don't let the game be the master, be the master of the game.&&------------------------------------------------------------&&&&Boeing 707-300 Cargo Captain

IP Logged

brettt777

Reply #33 - Oct 5th, 2007 at 1:21am
Print Post  
Okay, now I can't wait to get my hands on that sim! The Colonel took me up for a ride in N678LS today. Don't have any pics yet but man, what a ride!!! I was amazed at how smooth it flies and how quick it can turn. We did some high G turns and a vertical climb to negative G's and a barrel roll and 4 point snap roll. What a blast! Definitely in the top 5 list of coolest things I have ever done.
This is the one we flew:

http://www.l-39albatros.com/N678LS/N678LS_exterior06.jpg

It's an older L-39C but flies really nice.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #34 - Oct 5th, 2007 at 6:18am
Print Post  
That's great news! The Aero L-39C Albatros is one of the most performant L-39 variants there is!  Smiley It can do some really sharp turns for an oldie. Pilots who still fly these aircrafts have to have a minimum of .3 G Force resistance. Did you black out at anytime? One of my friends went on an L-39 before, went really fast. Did he activate the after-burner effect? You'll know because it makes a huge 'bang' sound.  Smiley

IP Logged

brettt777

Reply #35 - Oct 5th, 2007 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Nope, no AB. I almost blacked out when he first took off and did a hard bank and turn to the left just a few hundred feet off the deck. I am guessing just by comparison in the sim that it was maybe 3-3.5 G's. Not real sure. Wasn't really ready for that then remembered to breathe LOL. Wish the wife could have been there to video the flight. Oh well, I am sure there will be more.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #36 - Oct 5th, 2007 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Your one lucky guy you know that. Must have been a great experience.  Smiley If you can get a video, I'd love to see it.

Since you almost blacked out, I'd guess you have a high G Force resistance. Probably 2.7, something like that. That impressive considering you haven't had military aviation training. Pilots who fly in F/A-22As do some may tight turns, they have to do at least .8 G Force resistant! They take intense training. It costs thousands of dollars just to train 1 F/A-22A pilot!  Shocked

IP Logged

brettt777

Reply #37 - Oct 7th, 2007 at 3:32am
Print Post  
I will definitely try and get a video next time. I just didn't expect it when he asked me and didn't have time to get my wife there with the camcorder. Guess I need to have it at the hangar on standby.
I don't know about a high G resistance. Maybe....but like you said I haven't had any training and the only thing I have ever had close to that was a cat shot off the USS Ranger in a US-3. But that was like, 25 years ago. But the one advantage the military air crews have is a G-suit. I could have used one the other day. But an L-39 isn't equiped to run a G-suit as far as I know. At least the one I was is isn't.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #38 - Oct 7th, 2007 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Well, it depends. Some versions were made with G-Suits and some were not. But if you were to go on an F/A-18E Super Hornet, you would black out at every turn with no G-Suit. It puts so much force on you.

IP Logged

F106A

Reply #39 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know how to remove the "unregistered copy" window? I bought the L-39 years ago for FS2K and for FS2K2. I saved the file and just recently installed it in FS2K2. During the install there was no screen to enter the product number, which, of course I saved. I seem to remember you could click on the unregistered copy window window and enter the info and it would go away, but when I click on it nothing happens.
I'm guessing since there's no support which is why nothing happens when you click on the window.
If anyone can help I'd appreciate it, if not I'll just live with it.
The L-39 was the first payware I ever bought, and the first that required a modicum of skill to fly it, as opposed to the default planes, and it's still my favorite plane to fly, sure wish there was an updated model for FS9.
BRG,
Jon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top