Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Issue with the VC viewpoint subpanel (Read 5003 times)
forourspam

Issue with the VC viewpoint subpanel
Mar 3rd, 2006 at 5:34am
Print Post  
Hello friends--
This one is actually very random.  When I initially loaded the plane, the view was nice and proper in the Captain's seat. Then, I called up the viewpoint subpanel, and decided to visit the galley.  When I clicked on the orange tile in the middle, it turned red, then I clicked again to confirm. The panel flashed as if the plane was reloading, the sound skipped for a second, and...here I was in the Captain's viewpoint again. Same happened for FO position, and passenger position. The interesting thing was that the corresponding blocks turned blue, indicating that I was in that position at the time, yet I remained in the same spot. The most bizarre thing was when I clicked on the Captain's spot, I was placed in the officer's viewpoint facing the poster about breeding rabbits. When I decided to load a default Cessna, and reload the plane, when I switched to the VC view, I found myself in the galley.  Perhaps I am not utilizing the viewpoint selector properly, but I did read the manual, and it seemed very straightforward.
Regardless, I believe it's a very minor issue at this point in time. 
Best regards,
SK

IP Logged

Diego

Re: Issue with the VC viewpoint subpanel
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2006 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
The same problem here, sometimes it works sometimes don´t. If you do it twice, it mostly works. With twice I mean not clicking two times, but repeating the thing after the first bad attempt.
Diego

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2006 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
This is MSFS problem.
Please see the Users Manual, Part 1, p. 19.

VC VIEWS CONTROL PANEL

HOW IT WORKS:

•Make sure you are in VC mode view.
•Click on desired viewpoint amber square. The square turns red – GETS ARMED.
•Click on the viewpoint RED square to confirm your selection.
•MSFS flight should reload a flight with new viewpoint.

Note:

If the viewpoint does not change after the flight reload or MSFS does not reload the flight automatically, just reload the AIRCRAFT using MSFS AIRCRAFT > SELECT AIRCRAFT menu.

IP Logged

Chris Dittmar

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2006 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Hello, CS.  Unfortunately the eyepoints are improperly set for the Captain Seat doing this.  When loading the plane initially, the view is perfect.  However, if you switch views to another view, then switch back to Captain View, then your eyepoint ends up in the headrest of the seat (looks centered okay, but too far back).

The other issue with this panel is that any panel state you have with your switches will reset, so hopefully you are not in a critical state of approach or takeoff when doing so.  All lights, animations, etc. reset when using this eyepoint panel, so it would be best for advice to users to get the view they want BEFORE initiating their flight (ergo get your desired view right after loading the sim, then do your flight).

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

forourspam

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2006 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Another thing that mine does, when I try to load a different view and I have received initial clearance is trigger an ATC message: "757, you are not cleared to takeoff!".  I think I will stick to just "walking" to the location, and saving that viewpoint for now. Not a big deal at all!

IP Logged

Chris Dittmar

Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2006 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Indeed.  I have ActiveCamera, and found it much easier and more stable to use.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #6 - Mar 3rd, 2006 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
 Unfortunately the eyepoints are improperly set for the Captain Seat doing this.  When loading the plane initially, the view is perfect.  However, if you switch views to another view, then switch back to Captain View, then your eyepoint ends up in the headrest of the seat (looks centered okay, but too far back).

That's because the seat and the head rest is animated, but the view point is static in the aircraft.cfg
Just move your view point a bit forward using the default MSFS keys or Active Camera.

Quote:

The other issue with this panel is that any panel state you have with your switches will reset, so hopefully you are not in a critical state of approach or takeoff when doing so.  All lights, animations, etc. reset when using this eyepoint panel, so it would be best for advice to users to get the view they want BEFORE initiating their flight (ergo get your desired view right after loading the sim, then do your flight).

Please do not use the VC VIEWS CONTROL panel inflight.

The VC VIEWS CONTROL primary designed to preset any view position as a default, because it saves in the aircraft files and loads every time you load the 757.

If you use it inflight, after the panel reloads the flight (in order to reload the new selected view) you may get unpredictable problems. We'll add this limitation to the Manual 1.1

IP Logged

Chris Dittmar

Reply #7 - Mar 4th, 2006 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Thank you for the response, CS.  Appreciate that.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top