Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Approach and Autoland (Read 3148 times)
nathan_jordan

Approach and Autoland
Jan 17th, 2006 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Hey guys listen..u make me feel like a real pilot when im taking off and landing in the 727...
love the checklists and everything..its amazing...
one thing we could improve on would be the autoland feature..
The approach feature is very accurate and it lines me up with the ILS runway after
tunnin the ILS frequency of the runway...good job ...
I hear aircrafts can land themselves...Is this true? and if it is ,is that somethin u r currently
working on?...I dont mean to be lazy but its just fun seeing your aircraft land without the pilots intervention..
what do u think...let's go for it guys..i know u can do it..u know this is good for landing in a zero visibility weather as  well..

IP Logged

Murf

Re: Approach and Autoland
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2006 at 3:48am
Print Post  
Neither the 727... 707... or the C-130 had autoland capabilities in the real world.... I wouldn't hold my breath to see it modeled for them here!!!   Wink

IP Logged

vtxvtx

Re: Approach and Autoland
Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2006 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
nathan_jordan wrote on Jan 17th, 2006 at 8:22pm:
Hey guys listen..u make me feel like a real pilot when im taking off and landing in the 727...
love the checklists and everything..its amazing...
one thing we could improve on would be the autoland feature..
The approach feature is very accurate and it lines me up with the ILS runway after
tunnin the ILS frequency of the runway...good job ...
I hear aircrafts can land themselves...Is this true? and if it is ,is that somethin u r currently
working on?...I dont mean to be lazy but its just fun seeing your aircraft land without the pilots intervention..
what do u think...let's go for it guys..i know u can do it..u know this is good for landing in a zero visibility weather as  well..

NATHAN..AS OTHER FLIGHT SIMMER REPLIED..THE 727 DOSE NOT HAVE AUTO LAND IN REAL WORLD..THAT TEC. CAME ABOUT EARLY IN THE 747s AND ALL AFTER THAT.757 767 ETC EVEN THE NEW AIRBUS A319 320 ETC WILL AUTO LAND ..THE 727 YOU WILL HAVE TO GET TO MINIMUM AND HOPEFULY SEE THE RUNWAY AND THEN MAKE THE LANDING YOURSELF..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top