Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
FS Navigator (Read 2509 times)
bond672

FS Navigator
Dec 16th, 2005 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Has anyone managed to fly using FS navigator? please let me know how! what settings do i need to set the AP to.

thanks in advance

regards
bond672

IP Logged

CODY614

Re: FS Navigator
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 3:49am
Print Post  
Not sure what you mean?
Are you talking about setting the fuel burn and airspeed and all that?

Jeff T.

IP Logged

bond672

Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 3:52am
Print Post  
no i mean setting it up so i create a flightplan in fs navigator and then use the autopilot controls of that software to fly my aircraft, rather than typing in frequencies of VOR's etc

regards
bond

IP Logged

CODY614

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Well, I think what you mean is export it?
It wont act like an FMC in the big jets.......If you export it in FS2004 format it will act like any other flight plan.
After you export it just go into the sim and open the flight planner and load the flight you saved, Then it will load into the GPS.
You will have to set nav radios as usual.

One more thing.....I have never let FsNavigator act as the auto-pilot!

Jeff T.

IP Logged

bond672

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 9:34am
Print Post  
it doesnt act as a stand alone autopilot it combines with the aircrafts one, but for some reason the herc wont let fs navigator utilise the autopilot. so if anyone has managed it please let me know what settings you had the aircraft on and also fs navigator

regards
bond

IP Logged

jjeffreys

Reply #5 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Yes you can use it but only for lateral contol is what I have found. I normally control the AP up to altitude and then once there I simply let FSnav control it like normal until TOD. I have only done it a couple of times so I am not sure if more can be done but I do know that it will control the Lateral navigation.

Jeremy Jeffreys&&&&I7 920 @ 4.0 ghz&&260 GTX OC &&Win7 64 Pro&&C-130 Pro / C-130X / 757 / 767 / Weapons Pack&&

IP Logged

J Vitaliano

Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2005 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
I've been using FS Nav with my Herks foir years never had a problem.  I use FS Nav every day with my Captain Sim herk and it wil  fly the departure and even land the puppy on the numbers if I keep up with the airspeed and altimeter settings.

Just ensure your set FLY FP in your FS NAV then once your off the ground power your autopilot and engage it..it should automatically engage the follwoing:

Height - Altitude Control
Track - for heading/course control

Let me know if you have any problems other than this.  I also have many flight plans and all the settings for the fuel flow, etc.

JASON VITALIANO, vBGen, vUSAF&&Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC)&&Commander&&www.vusaf.org&&&&;&&&&Captain Sim Legendary Herk BETA Tester
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top