CAPTAIN SIM FORUM
General >> Hangar talks >> Default P51—Highly lacking?
https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1323745994

Message started by NNewcomb on Dec 13th, 2011 at 3:13am

Title: Default P51—Highly lacking?
Post by NNewcomb on Dec 13th, 2011 at 3:13am
I was just flying the P51 included in FSX and I noticed that it is very slow and very hard to maneuver. I can only get a top speed of about 100 mph even though the real P-51 has a top speed of 436mph. I also felt as if I was always just above a stall. The aircraft is hard to turn and hard to fly straight. Does anyone else know about these issues and do you know how to fix them?

Title: Re: Default P51—Highly lacking?
Post by Markoz on Dec 13th, 2011 at 3:45am
Not me. I have no problems at all in reaching 400mph.

EDIT: Although you can't see the VSI, I was climbing at over 4000 fpm AND doing a turn, when I took the screenshot, and was still gaining speed too!

Mark
2011-12-13_14-42-23-734.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Title: Re: Default P51—Highly lacking?
Post by NNewcomb on Dec 13th, 2011 at 4:09am
Could It be because the radiator flap is closed when I fly? I haven't flown the P51 much so I don't know much about how to fly it.

Title: Re: Default P51—Highly lacking?
Post by Markoz on Dec 13th, 2011 at 4:30am
I don't know. I just started FSX, loaded the P51, started the engines and took off. Battery, Generator, Avionics, NAV and Strobe lights, pitot heaters. That is all that I can remember I had turned ON to go flying.

Title: Re: Default P51—Highly lacking?
Post by pj747 on Dec 13th, 2011 at 2:06pm

NNewcomb wrote on Dec 13th, 2011 at 3:13am:
I was just flying the P51 included in FSX and I noticed that it is very slow and very hard to maneuver. I can only get a top speed of about 100 mph even though the real P-51 has a top speed of 436mph. I also felt as if I was always just above a stall. The aircraft is hard to turn and hard to fly straight. Does anyone else know about these issues and do you know how to fix them?


The solution is to wait a few months and buy the A2A Mustang with Accusim.

Title: Re: Default P51—Highly lacking?
Post by boeing247 on Dec 14th, 2011 at 4:19pm
I don't know if it was related, but I once flew the P-51 and noticed choppy viewing and the aircraft veering. This soon appeared in my other aircraft, eventually to the point where I had to reinstall FSX. I don't know if it's related, but I'm still suspicious of it.

CAPTAIN SIM FORUM » Powered by YaBB 2.6.0!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.