CAPTAIN SIM FORUM
General >> Hangar talks >> Request Question and advice from my friend at cs.
https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1323203177

Message started by Berlopez on Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:26pm

Title: Request Question and advice from my friend at cs.
Post by Berlopez on Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:26pm
Dear all I have purchased Avura antivirus for my compuetr after last year I was hit by the mcAfee bug and ruined everything for me and my computer.
Now I get an error message when I try to open Avira after only 24 hours after installtion reinstallation etc,etc...I'm getting fed up with it. Supporter at Avira t Kuala Lampur has been good to say the least he has sent me all kinds of files to scan my computer to see how the software is performing on my sytem and other downloads with which they can collect information and evntually help me with the problem,But the problem persists. after reinstalltion,again and again after the same after 24 hours. So I decided to investigate and found IN THEIR OWN FORUM, That Avira Antivirus requires Microsoft Visual C++SP1 Redistributable Package (X86) for this to stop happening. I jsut checked and I have (2008) I'would apprwciate your opinions as to how would this affect my sim and my software liek 727 FSX ?...Just looking for advice.

Title: Re: Request Question and advice from my friend at cs.
Post by Markoz on Dec 7th, 2011 at 12:51am
Hi Bernardo.

Installing the SP1 for Microsoft Visual C++ should not cause any problems with FSX or the add-ons. More than one version of it can be installed on your computer at one time, or it appears that it can because many add-on aircraft will install it during the installation (see attached image).

I would have thought that if MS Visual is installed on your computer and there is a service pack for it, it would automatically be updated if you have your update turned on.

My advice would be to install the SP1.

Mark
MSVisualInstallations.jpg (Attachment deleted)

CAPTAIN SIM FORUM » Powered by YaBB 2.6.0!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.