| CAPTAIN SIM FORUM | |
|
General >> Hangar talks >> Increasing LOD Radius
https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1320623634 Message started by boeing247 on Nov 6th, 2011 at 11:53pm |
|
|
Title: Increasing LOD Radius Post by boeing247 on Nov 6th, 2011 at 11:53pm
Hey, I'm having a problem increasing my LOD radius. It's currently set to 8.5, but while I'm getting high detail at close range, the radius itself is not very large. I'm getting pretty good frames, too, so there's no limitation there. I tried to see if I was perhaps setting the radius too high, but when I changed it to 7.5, it became--I believe--smaller than a LOD radius of 4.5, which is the max value which can be set using the slider. So why has my LOD radius shrunk? By the way, I'm using FSBooster v2.
Thanks, boeing247 |
|
Title: Re: Increasing LOD Radius Post by gandy on Nov 7th, 2011 at 7:17am
High LOD and a high anisotropic filtering work hand in hand and its almost pointless using a high lod with a low or default af setting.
Due to the way microsoft designed the texture loader it can be very slow catching when bring the textures in to focus and it can take a minute for them to catch up. The highest lod you can use is 10 but here is an example of an 8.5 lod with a 30/40mi visibility setting, 16 AF and a x32 AA setting http://images.ukcs.net/10412/2011-2-25_13-40-31-436.jpg I dont use above 6.5 on the lod as there is no point i feel. |
|
Title: Re: Increasing LOD Radius Post by boeing247 on Nov 7th, 2011 at 11:25pm
I'm pretty sure I have filtering set to anisotropic, but I'll check. Is there a setting in the fsx.cfg file for that, too?
|
|
Title: Re: Increasing LOD Radius Post by gandy on Nov 8th, 2011 at 7:10am
you need to disable the anisotropic filtering in fsx and set it on the graphics card, i know there is a new control app for ati cards which will allow you to create a profile for fsx and allow you to set it there.
The thing i cant remember is the name of the app but i will have a look for it later today unless someone else can remember what its called. |
|
Title: Re: Increasing LOD Radius Post by boeing247 on Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:10am
Ah. I currently just have the anisotropic filtering set to "Use Application Setting" what setting should I put it at? Max (2x)?
|
|
Title: Re: Increasing LOD Radius Post by gandy on Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:37am
here is the app i was on about.
http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/ When you create a profile for flight sim, set the app to x16 AF ( if your graphics card can not handle the high setting then lower it ) and set fsx to Trilinear in the options. |
|
CAPTAIN SIM FORUM » Powered by YaBB 2.6.0! YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved. |