CAPTAIN SIM FORUM
General >> Hangar talks >> Old 60s material
https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1319410528

Message started by simbiosi on Oct 23rd, 2011 at 10:55pm

Title: Old 60s material
Post by simbiosi on Oct 23rd, 2011 at 10:55pm
I would like to find info on flight plan and ceiling altitude in the 60s.
I discover this incredible blog with lot's of info
http://propspistonsandoldairliners.blogspot.com/2011/03/flying-boac-707-420-to-seattle-and-back.html
Anyone got info or scanned chart of this period.
Thank's

Title: Re: Old 60s material
Post by CoolP on Oct 25th, 2011 at 2:29am
Seems like they've used some of Lou's stories.  :-?
Seriously, nice catch and interesting read. Thanks! Look, they even have old DC-8 checklists.  :o

So you are looking for old enroute charts or something?

Title: Re: Old 60s material
Post by Markoz on Oct 25th, 2011 at 4:17am

simbiosi wrote on Oct 23rd, 2011 at 10:55pm:
I discover this incredible blog with lot's of info
http://propspistonsandoldairliners.blogspot.com/2011/03/flying-boac-707-420-to-seattle-and-back.html

WOW. That blog is great and very interesting reading. It looks like I'm going to up for some reading if I want to read more of those great stories!

Thanks for the link simbiosi. I've bookmarked it for future viewing. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Title: Re: Old 60s material
Post by simbiosi on Oct 25th, 2011 at 10:53am

CoolP wrote on Oct 25th, 2011 at 2:29am:

So you are looking for old enroute charts or something?

Yep my VA got classic route so would be nice to have chart and info at that time.
For now I go to http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ uncheck RNAV and do my flight at maximum of FL 33000
In the same blog you can find really great stuff: here KJFK SID and STAR in 70"
http://propspistonsandoldairliners.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-york-metroplex-procedure-plan-1970.html
but there is other chart.
I hope that someone start to write book and do some reserch on all this subject maybe Lou can do it ;)

Title: Re: Old 60s material
Post by CoolP on Oct 26th, 2011 at 12:08am
Lou doesn't have to do research, he is the research object.  :D I'm sure he can tell you how the old routings differed from the current ones.
I remember the thing with the Ocean Stations for example, although those could indeed have happened a bit before his time, but the remains in knowledge may have been there for longer.
But he once had that story where his captain joked around on the frequency calling for the station, right?


simbiosi wrote on Oct 25th, 2011 at 10:53am:

In the same blog you can find really great stuff: here KJFK SID and STAR in 70"
http://propspistonsandoldairliners.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-york-metroplex-procedure-plan-1970.html

Now how cool is that? Look at those! Thanks for the link again.  :)

Do you fly the B377 too? Would be a nice addition if you are that much into history and the first commercial Atlantic services for example.

Title: Re: Old 60s material
Post by simbiosi on Oct 27th, 2011 at 8:57pm
I haven't read this one but i shure i keep riding the 44 page time to time.
I think would be nice if He can start a blog or we can do it for him so everybody can read easly instad going through 44 page to read all his story.


Unfortunately I don't have much time to cross the pond but when kids will grow I shure my spare time will follow ;)
No I haven't try this one B377 but I wold like to to enjoy the C47, also be inspired by www.icepilots.com

Title: Re: Old 60s material
Post by CoolP on Oct 28th, 2011 at 11:55am
Ah, I see, you are up for adventures.  :) Nice direction.

CAPTAIN SIM FORUM » Powered by YaBB 2.6.0!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.