CAPTAIN SIM FORUM
General >> Hangar talks >> The Concorde. Flying again?
https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1315353607

Message started by NNewcomb on Sep 7th, 2011 at 12:00am

Title: The Concorde. Flying again?
Post by NNewcomb on Sep 7th, 2011 at 12:00am
Check this out! http://www.saveconcordegroup.co.uk/news/concorde-g-boac-comes-alive-again/

Title: Re: The Concorde. Flying again?
Post by pj747 on Sep 7th, 2011 at 12:21am
Cool! i've been following this for some time; however I do believe that they'll probably not take her Supersonic again  :'( it will be for a fly-by in Britain if they do fly her.

Title: Re: The Concorde. Flying again?
Post by NNewcomb on Sep 7th, 2011 at 12:49am

701151 wrote on Sep 7th, 2011 at 12:21am:
however I do believe that they'll probably not take her Supersonic again  :'(

You're right, they probably won't  :'( but maybe someday...

Title: Re: The Concorde. Flying again?
Post by Sonoace on Sep 7th, 2011 at 2:51pm
I got to go in a Concorde in Brooklans, UK, and The cockpit was amazing, and everything was in tip top condition, as much as they could do though. The controls were faded, and the landing gear was rusted, and the tires wore out easily. Hard to think that it will fly again.

Title: Re: The Concorde. Flying again?
Post by DarrenL on Sep 7th, 2011 at 3:23pm
It was powered up to enable them to perform some maintenance. It was then powered down and health and safety demanded it be drained of hydraulic fluid again and also their insurance doesn't cover a live aircraft. It won't fly again.

Title: Re: The Concorde. Flying again?
Post by NNewcomb on Sep 7th, 2011 at 7:18pm

StephenL wrote on Sep 7th, 2011 at 2:51pm:
I got to go in a Concorde in Brooklans, UK, and The cockpit was amazing, and everything was in tip top condition, as much as they could do though. The controls were faded, and the landing gear was rusted, and the tires wore out easily. Hard to think that it will fly again.


I went in the Concorde at Boeing Field (KBFI) at the Museum Of Flight, and it is in GREAT condition! Check out some pics some time. (G-BOAG)

Title: Re: The Concorde. Flying again?
Post by LOU on Sep 7th, 2011 at 7:48pm
Although I never got to fly in the Concorde, I was able to get into the cockpit and cabin several times.
I was a flight engineer on the 707, 727 & 747, but this plane really worked the poor F/E - a lot!  :-?

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/8995/fbtscaerospatialeconcor.jpg

They sure crammed a bunch of clocks into a very tiny cockpit.
The cabin was pretty small as well.
I remember that the passenger window was just a bit larger than a pack of cards.
 :o

Lou

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Title: Re: The Concorde. Flying again?
Post by pj747 on Sep 7th, 2011 at 10:06pm
One thing my Dad regrets was never taking the darn jumpseat to london! its only three hours in teh jumpseat, unlike 8...

Title: Re: The Concorde. Flying again?
Post by NNewcomb on Sep 13th, 2011 at 1:15am

701151 wrote on Sep 7th, 2011 at 10:06pm:
One thing my Dad regrets was never taking the darn jumpseat to london! its only three hours in teh jumpseat, unlike 8...


That would have been an awesome once in a lifetime experience!

CAPTAIN SIM FORUM » Powered by YaBB 2.6.0!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.