CAPTAIN SIM FORUM
General >> Hangar talks >> Super 80?
https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1312855943

Message started by NNewcomb on Aug 9th, 2011 at 2:12am

Title: Super 80?
Post by NNewcomb on Aug 9th, 2011 at 2:12am
Would you (Captain Sim) ever consider producing an MD-80 add-on in the future? What does everyone else think about this idea? Personally I think that It would be a great addition to the the short to medium range aircraft the Captain Sim has released/is working on (727/737)

Title: Re: Super 80?
Post by pj747 on Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:58am
I'd rather a DC-8

Title: Re: Super 80?
Post by Markoz on Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:24am
There are payware add-ons already available. Another developer has the MD-81/82 and MD-87, which is very good.

Title: Re: Super 80?
Post by boeing247 on Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:25am
An MD-88 would be better than a MD-80 (for the cockpit). As much as I like CS's vintage aircraft, I enjoy flying more modern aircraft more.

I own the MD-81/82 that Mark is talking about, and it's good, but it's systems are just not as complex and detailed as CS aircraft.

Title: Re: Super 80?
Post by NNewcomb on Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:42am

boeing247 wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:25am:
An MD-88 would be better than a MD-80 (for the cockpit). As much as I like CS's vintage aircraft, I enjoy flying more modern aircraft more.

I own the MD-81/82 that Mark is talking about, and it's good, but it's systems are just not as complex and detailed as CS aircraft.


I also own the MD-81/82 and it is a very nice aircraft but I would like more complexity like CS has. Plus more animations.

Also the MD-80 that I was talking about in the first post would not be a classic but a modern model with the updated EFIS cockpit and maybe even the modern PFD/MFD and 1 FMC and classic engine instruments like American Airlines has on their MD-80 series aircraft.

Title: Re: Super 80?
Post by Markoz on Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:55am
I prefer the MD-87 expansion. I think it looks nicer than the MD-81/82. Just my preference. ;)

Title: Re: Super 80?
Post by NNewcomb on Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:12am

Markoz wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:55am:
I prefer the MD-87 expansion. I think it looks nicer than the MD-81/82. Just my preference. ;)


It looks very similar to Qantas's 717s  ;) (If you have a Qantas livery of course)

Title: Re: Super 80?
Post by Markoz on Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:45am
It looks very similar to Qantas's 717s ;) (If you have a Qantas livery of course)
I haven't found one yet :(

Maybe when Nathan gets better I can get him to do one for me. ;)

Mark

Title: Re: Super 80?
Post by NNewcomb on Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:28pm

Markoz wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:45am:
It looks very similar to Qantas's 717s ;) (If you have a Qantas livery of course)
I haven't found one yet :(

Maybe when Nathan gets better I can get him to do one for me. ;)

Mark


Maybe  ;) Because the MD-87 is almost the same as the 717 minus the engines, cockpit, and some model differences.

Title: Re: Super 80?
Post by Markoz on Aug 9th, 2011 at 7:02pm

NNewcomb wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:28pm:
minus the engines, cockpit, and some model differences.

You make it sound quite a bit different there. I know that the Boeing 717 was originally designed and marketed as the MD-95, before Boeing bought them out, so I guess there must be quite a few similarities with the MD-80 series.
But this Topic is about the MD-80, not the B717. ;)

Mark

Title: Re: Super 80?
Post by NNewcomb on Aug 9th, 2011 at 7:19pm
Yeah It does sound different haha. Basically the main differences are the engines are RR BR715s instead of the the P&W JT8Ds. Also the cockpit instruments and systems are the same as the MD-11s. The model differences are that the 717 has the DC-9 shaped wings (pretty much the same thing with a few minor differences  on the trailing-edge) And the MD-87 has the MD-80 shaped wings. Another difference is the MD-87 is 130' 5" and the 717 is 124' 0". The bottom line is that they're very similar but the 717 is more advanced.

CAPTAIN SIM FORUM » Powered by YaBB 2.6.0!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.