| CAPTAIN SIM FORUM | |
|
General >> Hangar talks >> Airbus
https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1312189028 Message started by TheCloudSurfer-III on Aug 1st, 2011 at 8:57am |
|
|
Title: Airbus Post by TheCloudSurfer-III on Aug 1st, 2011 at 8:57am
Captain Sim staff, forum fellows
I'd like to know if any time the idea or consideration of designing and producing an aircraft family from Airbus has ever been through Captain Sim's mind or even plans . . . Thanks please comment |
|
Title: Re: Airbus Post by CoolP on Aug 1st, 2011 at 9:46pm
That would be cool. Some older A310 or newer A330/340 stuff would be great, but it's a ton of work when coming from the known Boeing basis.
Did you have any special model(s) in mind, TheCloudSurfer-III? |
|
Title: Re: Airbus Post by TheCloudSurfer-III on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 8:04am
Hello CoolP, thanks for replying:
I've flown (when I arrived to FSX ;)) freeware A330/340 planes and it really would be cool if we have someday a fully pro cockpit and systems on Airbus design. Enormous step from Boeing Captain Sim systems, design, etc. On the models, personally... imagine COOMING SOON A330 Captain! -200/300/F. Maybe finished the 777 & 737 Captain Sim will se through this idea... the "Queen of the Skies" ;) or who knows! 8-) What aircraft family from Airbus would you like to see in CS production in the future if they ever do it? |
|
Title: Re: Airbus Post by NaMcO on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:36am
I would definitely enjoy a proper Airbus family being developed. We already have a nice version, but a "nice" version is far from doing justice to a strong Boeing contender who produces very reliable and smooth to fly aircraft.
As far as i know, Airbus made the A320/A330/A340 family very similar in operation, it shouldn't be too complicated to develop the rest of the family starting from the A320 for example. As far as the A300/A310 and even the A380 are concerned, they are pretty different airplanes. I'd love to see an A300/A310 too, with the older style cockpit and an FMC. I am flying Thomas Ruth's and Project Opensky's models with another company's panels, it's the best mix i could find, if Captain Sim ever embraced such a project my guess is i would switch to CS's work in the blink of an eye :D |
|
Title: Re: Airbus Post by CoolP on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:40am
Well, to be realistic, I actually doubt the the Boeing focus will change soon, which isn't a downside of course if they go on with the interesting 777 or the very classy 737-100/200 line.
To get the Airbus stuff in to the sim you can't just take what you have developed before and refine it to get a new plane out of it, so one has to ask if a new detailed release can be sold enough and also fits into the development costs corridor then. However, the A310 is open to be in the sim in detail and while other devs are doing the A320 range, maybe someone else could go for a nice A330 or so. When picking a modern Airbus, the workload on the systems will surely increase. But NaMcO is right, if you e. g. have the MCDU and the whole AP modes modelled, the variants from A320 to A340 can share a large code basis. The A380 is announced by another dev and they've stated that they are still on it. There are some more or less detailed A330/340s available, but they are from 2006 or so (or older) and didn't improve much in the meantime. For me, there's a big, big Airbus gap in the sim concerning ones which are up to 2010/11 standards. But you can get a detailed A300 so far, a classic gauge variant with big attention to details and systems. They've also announced that they will model the FMC version of it in a medium-term plan. |
|
Title: Re: Airbus Post by pj747 on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 1:04pm
I would be happy with an A330, Delta uses that a lot now, since they got theirs fro mNorthwest. I have to agree with Lou now, Airbus does provide a nice product, at a good price. The A330 was nicer than the 767-300ER, smooth and queit. I'd prefer being on a Boeing 777, but the A330 is still a nice plane; sadly northwest had to go for the european thingy, rather than the 767-400 or 777. The A320 series however, is horrible. Just rode on an A319 last week, and it is worse riding the the 737-200 (which was quite rough). I'd have to say the A330 would be a good fit into my hangar, but CS shouldn't waste their time with the A320 series.
|
|
Title: Re: Airbus Post by NNewcomb on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 7:48pm
Personally, I would much rather see a 747 before an Airbus. But that's just my opinion ;)
|
|
Title: Re: Airbus Post by pj747 on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 8:57pm
I'm leaning towards a 747-400 right now, I could do without a classic 747 for awhile. If its a classic widebody, setup an L-1011 first.
|
|
Title: Re: Airbus Post by NNewcomb on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:10pm 701151 wrote on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 8:57pm:
Yeah, I agree I wan't the 747-400, and the 747-8. |
|
Title: Re: Airbus Post by Sonoace on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 10:19pm
I think The 747-400 will be the best, but addons must be the 747 Domestic and Combi, and Freighter, with all of those animations too!
|
|
CAPTAIN SIM FORUM » Powered by YaBB 2.6.0! YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved. |