CAPTAIN SIM FORUM
General >> Hangar talks >> VCs transfers
https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1311567491

Message started by NNewcomb on Jul 25th, 2011 at 4:18am

Title: Re: VCs transfers
Post by Markoz on Jul 28th, 2011 at 4:20am
Ok. I downloaded it and ran into all kinds of problems.

1. Every time I alias to the default B737_800 VC, I lose the exterior model and the VC isn't there either. It turns out that the MDL (model) file is for FS9 and not for FSX which explains this. In FS9, the exterior and interior are included in the MDL file. There is an updated MDL for FSX, but I still can't get the default B737_800 VC to display. I think that although the MDL file is updated, they have still used MakeMDL.exe to create it. MakeMDL can only create a single MDL file that has the Exterior and Interior (VC) in the same file. If they were to use XtoMdl, from the FSX SDK, they could create the Exterior without the VC and the capability to ALIAS to the B737_800 VC would be there.
2. I can use the B737_800 2D panels, but without a VC, no 3D panels.

In the end, I downloaded a few different 737-900's but the results were the same. I had this exact same problem with their 777 models when trying to see if I could use their 777 VC's for the CS777. For some reason, they don't want to use XtoMdl.exe to create their aircraft. I wouldn't bother with them myself. Unless they start using XtoMdl.exe for creating FSX models. No VC means I would rather not have it nor would I fly it.

Out of all the information I gave you in my first reply, the only thing you need to use is panel.cfg info. But there is a much better way:

1. Back up the panel.cfg that you get with the plane. Make a copy of it and call it panel.bak (or something like that).
2. Open the original and delet EVERYTHING inside it.
3. Add the following:
[fltsim]
alias=\B737_800\panel

4. Save the file.

You will now have the POSky 737-900 with the default B737_800 2D panels.

Hope this helps.

Mark

CAPTAIN SIM FORUM » Powered by YaBB 2.6.0!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.