CAPTAIN SIM FORUM
General >> Hangar talks >> VOR problem
https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1311305440

Message started by boeing247 on Jul 22nd, 2011 at 3:30am

Title: Re: VOR problem
Post by LOU-temp on Jul 29th, 2011 at 4:19pm
Mark,

Sorry To take so long to get back. The BB messed up my account so I am operating on a "new" account. CS-2 is attempting to correct the problem.

I do not know anything about this Nav Log. I would have to get a real chart and see if the routing is the same on paper as it is in this Log.

If the routing is the same, then there is a bug in FSX (big surprise).  :o

When I fly from place to place, I use either a VFR map or an IFR chart and make up my own routing. Since I don't use VATSIM or FSX ATC, I never seem to have a problem navigating, I still fly the center line of the airway and cross check with objects on the map or the GPS. If the data in FSX is correct, the VOR and GPS should be the same - within a small margin of error (slightly off on the OBS, etc.)

Try http://vfrmap.com/ and use either a VFR map or use a IFR low or high chart and fly the routing using one of these charts. Check it with the GPS. If you find you are not on the proper course I guess it is then something in FSX.

Lou

CAPTAIN SIM FORUM » Powered by YaBB 2.6.0!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.