| CAPTAIN SIM FORUM | |
|
General >> Hangar talks >> How the bugs got past testing?
https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1207625315 Message started by tasev on Apr 8th, 2008 at 3:28am |
|
|
Title: Re: How the bugs got past testing? Post by aladdict on Jan 6th, 2011 at 3:51pm
I wish to add more questions to the Bata testing. I wish to ask why did you choose the 707 model you did??
All the hype that surrounded it was as if it was the model Pan Am flew for its first flight in 1958 but it isn’t. The first Pan Am flight was a 707-320A model with turbo jet water injection engines. The model you released wasn’t available till 1962 with the fan engines. Although you did replicate the interior PSU’s as the 1958 model but the exterior is definitely the later model. Why didn’t you release the original model with the original engines?? It would look better with that early Pan Am livery. If you do plan to release the early 707 with the turbojet engines I will definitely buy it. Please don’t get me wrong I really like your model and plan to buy any later or retro versions you release. O yes there is one other thing I found incorrect, The 707 never had a light mounted on the nose gear. The 707 had so many lights it really didn’t need a nose gear light. It was equipped with 4 landing lights, two inboard and two outboard retractable lights along with two inboard runway turnoff lights mounted with the inboard landing lights. The 727 was the first to have a light mounted on the nose gear because its outboard landing lights were mounted in the flower flaps and were usually retracted except during takeoff and landings. |
|
CAPTAIN SIM FORUM » Powered by YaBB 2.6.0! YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved. |