Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 The 757 release status (Read 7136 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

The 757 release status
Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Just to clarify as some people are a little confused on the 757 release status, and call it "Beta 4", "open beta" etc Smiley

The Beta 4 was released for in-house testing in December and never was available for purchase. Even after the poll was 87% YES.

After the Beta 4 we released for in-house testing Beta 09. Which never was available for purchase either.

The current (and the only) version available for purchase is 1.0, which was never announced or advertised as Beta.

IP Logged

cptryan91

Re: The 757 release status
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
In which case you have a tonne of work to get on with from engine spool up to no backlighting textures in the cockpit during the day? and sounds and functionalities that are expected with a product at this price tag...

IP Logged

dean johnston

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
It has a lot of bugs for a V1.0 product,Needs a lot of work for the $75

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
cptryan91 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:18pm:
In which case you have a tonne of work to get on with

Yes we do.

IP Logged

cptryan91

Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Well in that case the issues at the moment this shouldn't really be the release version? There is a plague of issues as outlined on this forum - don't you think that for version 1 as a release then it should be functionality-complete and then just bug fixes?

Engine Spool up is pretty critical to a simulation of an airliner isn't it? As is cockpit lighting?

IP Logged

Benjaminbl12

Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Agree with cptryan91

My general experience with this has been so disappointing and for $75, I feel like I've just been robbed. I had no idea that this was actually the full version and if that's the case then I've used freeware aircraft which are better. I do understand however that with patches it'll obviously get better hence this forum. Because the expectations in the P3D community have been set so high seeing FSLabs takeoff, asking for $75 for a plane which doesn't even provide the basics is just hilarious.

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Are you kidding me? this is a release version of your product? seriously you may as well of stole my money out my pocket with your bare hands. Everyone was under the impression that this was a Beta 4 version apparently on the post you put on facebook 23rd December and now you are saying it's gone all the way through to BETA 9 and still not mention it to any of your awaiting customers you see why people are angry that they have been cheated and lied to. And as for your attitude for the people like my self and others who have payed good money as it's not cheap for your add-on is a disgrace to your selves. I am furious the way your are responding to people on here it's not fair one bit. I would like to see some sort of list of bugs at lease we should all have an idea on what actually needs fixing.

And as for your internal BETA who suppose to be a real pilots? do they actually fly real 757 or just a toy plane flying by hand Jesus!!

Captain Sim wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:01pm:
Just to clarify as some people are a little confused on the 757 release status, and call it "Beta 4", "open beta" etc Smiley

The Beta 4 was released for in-house testing in December and never was available for purchase. Even after the poll was 87% YES.

After the Beta 4 we released for in-house testing Beta 09. Which never was available for purchase either.

The current (and the only) version available for purchase is 1.0, which was never announced or advertised as Beta.

Captain Sim 757&&Captain Sim 777&&&&Sean Smiley

IP Logged

Wise87

Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
For $75 dollars you would think a 1.0 version would have been more ready. I for one will be very leary of any future CS purchases.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #8 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Wise87 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:18pm:
For $75 dollars you would think a 1.0 version would have been more ready.

What's the difference the initial release version number make? We'd call it 0.1 or 11.5.

The point is:
1. We are 100% honest in the release announce

2. The initial release is good.

3. It's gonna be better.

The decision is up to you. To buy... to wait... Whatever makes you happy Smiley

IP Logged

cptryan91

Reply #9 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Initial release can’t be good if you’ve not even simulated the engine now? (Spool up - your exact words) so that’s a bit misleading and your sales page is misleading by saying so.

Your documentation which is available pre-purchase calls the virtual cockpit the most detailed ‘ever available’ well where are the backlighting for the panel and every other detailed feature available in every competitor at this price point? Anything less is misleading.

I defended your product earlier after your poorly communicated release with previous references to beta and buying a beta in the expectation that this was early access as such as it certainly isn’t a finished product by any expectation...

I purchased on the pretence that you modelled as above and now it’s transpired otherwise, this is really such a shame!

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #10 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 11:00pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #11 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
cptryan91 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:50pm:
I defended your product earlier after your poorly communicated release with previous references to beta and buying a beta in the expectation that this was early access as such as it certainly isn’t a finished product by any expectation...

Who said that it's a finished product? The 1.0 is just a beginning.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top