Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Buying worth it ? (Read 3892 times)
DeltaFourFoxtrot

Buying worth it ?
Jan 3rd, 2018 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Am a little confused as too the status of this I was going to buy but am unsure if the 75$ is getting me just this model or a highly discounted upgrade the extention models?

as stated in the above posts it's not a beta but a pre-release of a finished product.

In my eyes, the 75$ would be worth it as a kinda Kickstarter to help the development of the later models.

so anyone who owns it currently would receive a discounted price to when the aircraft is officially released as a study-level aircraft.

what at the moment judging by posts it falls far short.

can you please clarify your plans 

thank you

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Buying worth it ?
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Thank you for your interest!

The only benefit of buying now is you could start flying now.

It's like getting up early to see a sunrise. Priceless Smiley

IP Logged

keemstar

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Bought the plane yesterday, performance is okay I have a very high spec computer and noticed a small drop in performance when using all the lights (with dynamic lighting on) this isn't uncommon so that's Gucci!The plane performs FPS wise on the level of another company 737 in P3Dv4.

In terms of systems it is actually rather nice a few early teething issues with panel states etc and the engine start bug but aside from that its okay. Some real nice features such as a simulated pressurisation system (found this out by leaving a door open).

Visually it looks like a 757 and that can't be a bad thing! I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised with the VC really well made. My only gripe is the MCP panel looks a bit flat, would be nice to add a little definition on it. Also the CRT display on the PFD and ND look almost perfect I have no idea how they did it but you can really tell its a CRT.

Sound-wise it's a little gnarly and some improvements to be made there.

With regard to utilities I think the old Shift+2 system is a bit outdated and a fs actions system should be added to the CDU much like what another company does. A fuel loading tool would also be much appreciated.

Handling is rather nice and it does feel like a big aeroplane and this is something I think it does far better then other Boeing simulations.

I'm slightly annoyed I'll have to buy an RR expansion but that's business really and can understand the possibly financially motivated decision to release the less desirable PW in the base-pack.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X | GTX 1080ti Founders Edition| G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB | ROG Zenith Extreme Motherboard|

IP Logged

DeltaFourFoxtrot

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Think I might hold off seems like a rushed release with a lot of problems

and id rather wait to see what the expansions cost as Id hate to buy it and then find out the expansions are 50 each as I would not pay more than 20% on the base price for an expansion.

Plane looks great but id want to fly her not have to find workarounds

IP Logged

Boomersr71

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 4:41am
Print Post  
I would say its totally worth it!  I have done my 3rd flight in it today for a total of 12 hours in the 757. The only really bug that bothers me is the engine spool up. The vnav speed or the 250kts under 18000 fixed it self some how. I know everyone was complaining about that. but for me it works now.   Go for it! it can only get better! also it wasnt hard to figure the gsx alignment out for it.

IP Logged

DeltaFourFoxtrot

Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 8:22pm:
Thank you for your interest!

The only benefit of buying now is you could start flying now.

It's like getting up early to see a sunrise. Priceless Smiley

I would consider buying if you can give a price range for the Expansions, just don't want to buy, and then regret it if the cost was too high

thanks she does look lovely

IP Logged

nextgenner

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
I would say wait until bugs and other glaring issues are addressed.

IP Logged

Scholli04

Reply #7 - Jan 5th, 2018 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
It's flyable as it is, there are some issues (and a few nasty ones like the lights during dusk/dawn), but other than that I can already enjoy flying her.

It's certainly nice to see a 757 after all this time (I think it's been close to 8 years now for me!).

A bit costy maybe, but if CS will deliver as many updates as they did with the old 757 Captain this plane could really become a winner!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top