Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 AUTOPILOT (MCP part only) (Read 843 times)
Tanya
CS Team

AUTOPILOT (MCP part only)
Dec 28th, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Captains,
There's always room for improvement so feel free to report any issues but:

0. Please make sure you have read the Manual. 740+ handmade pages describing thousands of hard-coded features. Great reading.

1. Please report an issue if you are 100% sure it is a bug. Not sure? Please use General Discussion

2. Please use proper threads. E.g. do not post MCP issues in the FMC thread.

3. One issue ONE post, please.

4. Please provide a reference to the Manual page #.
CS Manual is based on the original Boeing's FCOM. For obvious reasons we cannot do all operators optional equipment variants.
It's not a bug if it's not in the Manual.

In some cases we can consider a reference to an operator's official Manual or CBT.
But any info from a third party software or from personal experience IS NOT a reference material. 

Also the Manual reference page # is absolutely required for all flight related and performance comments as we cannot work with the "slower-faster" kind of data. Official Boeings' numbers are absolutely required.

5. Please provide screenshots and/or screen capture videos for each issue.
Easy to use free services:
- For the screenshots: https://onpaste.com/
- For the videos:  https://screencast-o-matic.com/
Also you can attach an image to your forum post.

6. For all flight related floating issues (FMC, MCP, VNAL/LNAV etc) please SAVE the flight right on the issue, zip all 3 files of the flight (.fxml  .wx  .config) located ....\Users\you\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\ , upload the zip to any free hosting service (e.g. Google disc) and include the URL into your report.

COMPLETE AND CORRECT REPORTS WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM.

CS developers will make marks and comments right in your post as follows:

- The red AIIR# mark in your post means: sounds like a bug but Additional Information Is Required indicating the numbers as per the list above.

- The blue SW means: Should work. So we need more users to confirm the issue.

- Highlight means the items is on the list.

Developers comments are in magenta.

Please DO NOT use any text color/effect other than plain black.

Thank you all for your input!

IP Logged

Wise87

EPR will not engage/FP dump during quick turn
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Unable to do a quick turn in the 757. Just landed at KMCO and parked at gate. With out restarting the sim or reloading the 757 it was decided to just connect external power, reload and refile for a trip up to KJFK. Loaded fuel and flight-plan with no problems. Pushed back and started engines. Engines gave off a audible warning and went off but engines continued to start. Taxied and positioned on runway and set VNAV and LNAV. Throttled up and tried to engage EPR. EPR would not illuminate and a few seconds later the entire flight-plan dumped during takeoff roll. Loaded the flight-plan a second time with same results. 

Not MCP for sure Wink 

IP Logged

Wise87

Re: AUTOPILOT (Autothrottle reduces in a turn)
Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:07am
Print Post  
Not sure if this is normal but in every LNAV turn the autothrottle keeps reducing the throttles to idle and than back up every turn. Speed will drop and than climb back up.

Please report an issue if you are 100% sure it is a bug. Not sure? Please use General Discussion

IP Logged

Tonylin409

Re: AUTOPILOT (MCP part only)
Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 6:23am
Print Post  
The pitch command bar should be in nose up position when flight director is switch on.

as of now. the pitch command bar "jump" from level to nose up when AT mode goes to THR HOLD on takeoff.

AIIR#4

IP Logged

Lemtrix

"250kts below 10k feet
Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Not sure if this is a bug or just a missing feature, or a feature I am just not seeing, but as of now my plane does not automatically decelerate to 250kts below 10k feet which all other addons do, a automatical deceleration would be very usefull

regards,

Simon

AIIR#4

IP Logged

cptryan91

Re: "250kts below 10k feet
Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
+1

AIIR#4

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 12:30am
Print Post  
I'm having this problem too.
I also get the "DRAG REQUIRED" message on the CDU, and the speed bug disappears from the Airspeed Indicator, when I drop below 10,000 feet. [i]The speed bug returns when I override the VNAV speed by pressing the IAS/MACH Selector knob on the MCP.

AIIR#4

Mark Fletcher

i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1x2TB SSHD, 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 7 Pro 64 & Win 10 Pro 64
FSX, FSX-SE, & P3Dv1/v2/v3/v4
IP Logged

Togismo

Reply #7 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 2:21am
Print Post  
I'm having this problem too.

AIIR#4

IP Logged

Tonylin409

Reply #8 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
757 Captian Manual 2,page 104

Pitch mode
TO -
On the ground, TO annunciates by selecting either F/D switch ON when both flight directors are OFF. The flight director pitch bar indicates an initial pitch of approximately eight degrees up.
FIXED

Tonylin409 wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 6:23am:
The pitch command bar should be in nose up position when flight director is switch on.

as of now. the pitch command bar "jump" from level to nose up when AT mode goes to THR HOLD on takeoff. FIXED

AIIR#4

IP Logged

Scholli04

Reply #9 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
I find it hard to set the MCP values correctly.

I scroll on them to set the new value and initially they move at a good speed, but after three or four mouse wheel turns the values start to jump so quickly that it gets very very hard to make bigger changes accurately without "overturning".

Expecially in altitude I usually "overturn" it by some 10000-20000ft since they start jumping so quickly.
Speed and Heading have similar issues though.

Anyone to confirm this please?

IP Logged

Darien

Reply #10 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
I think he's saying that when you scroll too much then it will skip a whole lot of numbers. Which is a personal preference. But it is very easy to skip the intended MCP altitude or speed you're looking for which can be a problem for some like me.

I'm afraid that as soon as we slowdown the scroll we'll start getting complains that it's too slow.

Ok we need 10 more request to slow down the MCP altitude and speed scroll.

IP Logged

Ephedrin

Reply #11 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Scholli04 wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:21pm:
I find it hard to set the MCP values correctly.

I scroll on them to set the new value and initially they move at a good speed, but after three or four mouse wheel turns the values start to jump so quickly that it gets very very hard to make bigger changes accurately without "overturning".

Expecially in altitude I usually "overturn" it by some 10000-20000ft since they start jumping so quickly.
Speed and Heading have similar issues though.

Anyone to confirm this please?

Confirm... While it is no problem to set a close new altitude, when crolling it up from my initial climb alt to cruise alt (eg from 6000' to 36000' I usually end up at 50 something thousands.

Also it would be great if the HDG selector was scrollable with the mouse wheel (what it IS) WHILE the max bank selector would be excluded from the scroll function but only clickable with the mouse buttons. The thing is that it's perfectly usable when you have a fixed view. But as soon as you use Track IR it is impossible to select a new heading without messing with the banking restriction. And as you mainly use HDG on approach you don't have too much time to fiddle around. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top