Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 INTERIOR MODELS (VC) & TEXTURES (Read 826 times)
Tanya
CS Team

INTERIOR MODELS (VC) & TEXTURES
Dec 28th, 2017 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Captains,
There's always room for improvement so feel free to report any issues but:

0. Please make sure you have read the Manual. 740+ handmade pages describing thousands of hard-coded features. Great reading.

1. Please report an issue if you are 100% sure it is a bug. Not sure? Please use General Discussion

2. Please use proper threads. E.g. do not post MCP issues in the FMC thread.

3. One issue ONE post, please.

4. Please provide a reference to the Manual page #.
CS Manual is based on the original Boeing's FCOM. For obvious reasons we cannot do all operators optional equipment variants.
It's not a bug if it's not in the Manual.

In some cases we can consider a reference to an operator's official Manual or CBT.
But any info from a third party software or from personal experience IS NOT a reference material. 

Also the Manual reference page # is absolutely required for all flight related and performance comments as we cannot work with the "slower-faster" kind of data. Official Boeings' numbers are absolutely required.

5. Please provide screenshots and/or screen capture videos for each issue.
Easy to use free services:
- For the screenshots: https://onpaste.com/
- For the videos:  https://screencast-o-matic.com/
Also you can attach an image to your forum post.

6. For all flight related floating issues (FMC, MCP, VNAL/LNAV etc) please SAVE the flight right on the issue, zip all 3 files of the flight (.fxml  .wx  .config) located ....\Users\you\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\ , upload the zip to any free hosting service (e.g. Google disc) and include the URL into your report.

COMPLETE AND CORRECT REPORTS WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM.

CS developers will make marks and comments right in your post as follows:

- The red AIIR# mark in your post means: sounds like a bug but Additional Information Is Required indicating the numbers as per the list above.

- The blue SW means: Should work. So we need more users to confirm the issue.

- Highlight means the items is on the list.

Developers comments are in magenta.

Please DO NOT use any text color/effect other than plain black.

Thank you all for your input!

IP Logged

reddishknight

Re: INTERIOR MODELS (VC) & TEXTURES
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Dome lights were on but then turned off uncommanded.

Wing lights aren't working. I have a screenshot but can't post it.

SW

Intel i5 4690k
GTX 970
Win 7 x64
ZMA_I1

IP Logged

Austin Wilkins

Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
2D Textures for all instruments? The instruments look like they are running at 10FPS, whilst my simulation is running at a smooth 30. For being P3D v4, would expect either 3D instruments, or, smooth operation of 2D instruments

As for the 3D instruments, unfortunately they are out of question as described in the Manual part I page 16.

IP Logged

ToddL

Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
When I set the virtual cockpit to the Captain's view the viewpoint has the Captain looking slightly to the right as if he is swiveled to the right in his seat.  Resetting the view does not change the viewpoint.  I know this is a small issue but after panning around it would be nice to simply reset the view and have the eye point looking straight ahead.  Love the plane and thanks in advance for looking into this!

Todd L.

Regards,&&&&Todd

IP Logged

Scholli04

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
VC lights don't work at "daylight". This is really an issue at dusk/dawn, where the cockpit can become almost pitch black without any lights working.

I really hope for a quick fix for this one guys.

Unfortunately I can't attach a screenshot yet since I did not yet post 10 messages here, but I'm sure others will confirm this issue.

IP Logged

cptryan91

Re: EXTERIOR MODEL & TEXTURES
Reply #5 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Cockpit - no backlighting or panel lighting works during daytime when it's quite dark during winter months...

Dome light on OVH is one knob that has an effect, really need to be able to use backlighting as looks silly right now at 4pn in the afternoon in dark winter months with CRTs bright and all the instrumentation is super dark.

Thanks, we'll see what we can do.

IP Logged

cptryan91

Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Hopefully you can as it’ll add so much extra immersion to it, especially with icelandair 757’s and the northern atmospherics - I think aerosoft do it by having a texture with backlighting that when you click the knob it switches to it with it back lit if that makes sense? May be an easier approach and could add option in ACE same way you’re planning for pax cabin inclusion... something like knob is just a switch that changes from normal to normal with backlight and the normal knobs for the lighting floods etc during night’ hope that sort of makes sense?

IP Logged

cptryan91

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Darien wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 12:05am:
I will be more than happy to show you a picture of the lighting in daytime from FSLabs.  Smiley However... Now that I think about it. Those devs seem to have some kind of additional lighting program. FSLabs has FS Spotlights (which of course can stop working every now and then thanks to antivirus programs), TFDi has "Real Light". I can't speak for Majestic... others like other doesn't have some form of lighting program with their aircraft. (Thus why you probably don't see a back-lit cockpit as it might not be very important.) For the most part you don't think you'll see the lighting during the day.. If you have a an actual picture I'll be more than happy to revoke my comment.

The external lighting systems you mention are only for the 'Flood lights' in the FSLabs and TFDI...

All the backlighting is texture based for both - if you look at other you'll also see it's texture based when you scroll the knob for backlighting you can see the effect -  even at the other end of the spectrum with their airbus and crj aerosoft have implemented backlighting with textures too - it is used a lot more in real life during daytime and with P3D V4 and it's DX11 engine with shaders (and further updates to come to it  Wink ) It's such a little thing but makes such a big difference.

IP Logged

cptryan91

Reply #8 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Scholli04
Darien
Some videos
Thank you

it really is a must have at this price point - we all have an invested interest in making this product the best it can be and are raising this to help you to make it a flagship line and the must have 757.

Just re-checked the 757 lighting:
All (including the backlighting) works 24hrs.
Visible: night, dawn, dusk.
Daytime works as well but the sun is brighter. We'll see what we can do about the daytime.

IP Logged

cptryan91

Reply #9 - Jan 5th, 2018 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Thanks, just I noticed when I scroll the backlight at dawn (when it switches and starts working) the whole cockpit goes a darker shade if that makes any sense so like a texture switch? If I try scrolling knob at any other time then nothing happens (infact MCP numbers are particularly hard to read) I can take a few screenshots unless you know what I mean?

IP Logged

Holga

Cockpit-Lights and Range Rings
Reply #10 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I´m really missing the cockpit lights during day/dusk/dawn. Would be very fine if they could ne added like one can see in nearly all aircrafts for P3d these days.

An Option to add range rings to the ND would also be nice Smiley

Thanks in advanca,
Holger

IP Logged

Holga

Reply #11 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Why has my suggestion has been moved? I think it is not bug as the lights are working during nighttime. I was asking to have the cockpit lights during daytime ...

Right, it's not a bug. But as we've already discussed the issue in this thread so let's keep it in the thread.

IP Logged

Holga

Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 7:50am
Print Post  
I can´t find nothing on the list. Nothing about functionally cockpit light during day/dusk/dawnand nothing about range rings on ND. So it wont be happen?

Best regards,
Holga

IP Logged

Scholli04

Reply #13 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:11am
Print Post  
The yoke in the cockpit seems to have a wrong shape. I can find some 767 pics with a yoke like yours, but not a single 757 one.
The top of the "handle" should be bent inwards. In yours it goes straight up.

Compare these:

CaptainSim:

FCOM description:

Real:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top