Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 FLIGHT MODEL (Read 1225 times)
Hightower

Re: FLIGHT MODEL
Reply #15 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Thantheleon wrote on Jan 5th, 2018 at 11:53pm:
Thanks, fuel burn is on the list.

Thank you for that.  Just did a cross the pond flight of 7.5 hours and ran out of fuel as well. The fuel burn ending up being about 12000 lbs more than simbrief flight log. And simbrief is nearly always bang on with any aircraft.  Sure there is different variables from other flights, but thats a whole lot of difference.

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Re: SYSTEMS (OTHER THAN FMC, MCP, CRT DYSPLAYS)
Reply #16 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Alcides Segovia wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 5:14pm:
The aircraft seems to be sensitive after disconnecting the AP.
Thanks, but "sensitive" sounds a bit subjective. Aircraft controls supposed to be sensitive Smiley Can we get some numbers please?

Numbers what numbers are you wanting? it's hard to describe the problem, I disconnect the autopilot and the aircraft movements while trying to keep in line with the runway are slower then what i'm using on my joystick that is what i meant by (sensitivity). It just does not feel right and i fly Boeing most of the time obviously different aircraft's from the 737-777. I know it's a 757 and it is a different aircraft but i have flew 757 in the past and it feels something is off and shouldn't be happening.

The flight model was tested by 15 pilots and adjusted according to their comments. So we must know who we are talking to before considering any changes to the flight model. Nothing personal but are you the 757 pilot? A jet pilot at all? Thanks.

Captain Sim 757&&Captain Sim 777&&&&Sean Smiley

IP Logged

Scholli04

Reply #17 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Highflyer2010 wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:52pm:
Numbers what numbers are you wanting? it's hard to describe the problem, I disconnect the autopilot and the aircraft movements while trying to keep in line with the runway are slower then what i'm using on my joystick that is what i meant by (sensitivity). It just does not feel right and i fly Boeing most of the time obviously different aircraft's from the 737-777. I know it's a 757 and it is a different aircraft but i have flew 757 in the past and it feels something is off and shouldn't be happening.

I agree to this, the aircraft feels sloppy. It takes a second or two before it starts to respond to your command and then after you center the control column it keeps moving for a second or two. That's far too long.
It surely shouldn't stop immediately, but it is a CS25 requitement that you need to be able to stop the aircraft from turning by centering the control column without the need to apply opposite steering input (under normal operation that is).

In yours it is presently impossible to fly an accurate approach without applying opposite aileron/elevator to stop it from banking further.

This is unrelated to the autopilot though, it happens at any time during manual flight.

The flight model was tested by 15 pilots and adjusted according to their comments. So we must know who we are talking to before considering any changes to the flight model. Nothing personal but are you the 757 pilot? A jet pilot at all? Thanks.

A jet pilot yes, not on the 757 though, but another Boeing type.
Good, thanks.

Were those 15 pilots actual 757 pilots or "just" pilots of other types like me? Wink
Several of them are the 57/67 pilots.
The MOI you are referring to was increased a lot during the beta phase as per the pilots' requests. So now we need more requests to decrease the MOI.

I know from other developers forums that developers tend to say "tested by real pilots" and in the end those pilots turn out as Cessna 172 pilots testing a Concorde, so please take no offense in my comment either.  Smiley

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #18 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
I'm sorry but how was my reply off-topic. you have only tested this aircraft with 15 pilots but.... there are 1000's of computers what are configured differently and different hardware are being used on your actual product. you cannot just CUT someone out because you have had 15 pilots testing your product. I'm saddened by your response and your reply's.

I never said i was a 757 pilot i said that i have flown other 757's out there naming one (quality wings) and i did not have the same problem coming into land!

Captain Sim 757&&Captain Sim 777&&&&Sean Smiley

IP Logged

Alcides Segovia

Re: FLIGHT MODEL
Reply #19 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Arrived into SKBO today Current METAR
[19:03:45] SKBO 141900Z 27008KT 9000 VCSH SCT017 SCT070 17/11 A3023 RETSRA RMK VCSH/NW/E

Using Active Sky v4.

Aircraft autothrottle would not catch up quick enough so it kept breaking the speed commanded to hold using MCP. Aircraft would also not hold altitude at 13000 going up to 13500 and down to 12500.

Aicraft further more could not maintain G/S descent and EPR was always at 1.4 - 1.2.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top