Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
CS C-130 MegaPack in FSX not showing ext. tanks (Read 3402 times)
SSI01

CS C-130 MegaPack in FSX not showing ext. tanks
Nov 20th, 2017 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
I have the CS C-130 installed in both FS9 and in FSX.  It flies beautifully in both sims and is a great deal of fun in both.  My problem is the external tanks do not show up in FSX.  In FSX, I have the C-130 MegaPack installed with all variants.  The C-130 ACE for FSX does not show a fuel system layout of the aircraft and I can not add/remove fuel from any tank via that system.  I have to go to the FSX add-remove fuel screen to do so.  The external tanks do not display for the aircraft in FSX, even though I check them to show in the C-130 ACE utility for FSX.  It's an enjoyable aircraft to fly, from startup to shutdown, with the exception of this one issue.  Does anyone have a fix for this?

IP Logged

SSI01

Re: CS C-130 MegaPack in FSX not showing ext. tanks
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 3:13am
Print Post  
I figured this one out on my own.  Manual was not too helpful.  CS C-130X Experience manual Vol. 1 makes written reference to "fuel" configuration in ACE utility when it does NOT appear there.  Only very limited write-up on this subject is in the C-130 manual vol 1. 

Here's how to make sure fuel tanks show up.  First, make sure Captain_Sim FSX C-130Experience "130" folder in the FSX base folder is opened, and the ACE utility for the C-130 in FSX is displayed.  Do NOT open the ACE utility yet.

Then  - 1)Start FSX.  Once you know FSX has started, 2) go back to ACE utility and start as usual.  Note there is an empty check box next to "Show fuel tanks" on right side of ACE screen.  Check this box.  Then, 3) remain in ACE utility and make the rest of your choices for your C-130, whatever mod it is.  At the last screen, hit the "SAVE" button and leave it at that - DO NOT shut down the ACE utility.  Let FSX load your aircraft.  Then choose the C-130 you want to fly and if you wanted external (drop) fuel tanks on the aircraft, they will be there.  NOTE:  To change the amount of fuel in each aircraft tank, you will have to use the FSX fuel menu as you would for any other FSX aircraft. 

Reckon CS staff figured this would save them having to include a fuel system setup in their ACE utility for FSX.  It works, but I wish they would explain it in very simple terms in the manual.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Selecting to have the External Fuel Tanks for any particular C130 using the ACE, works for me weather FSX is running or not. I do not need to go through such a complex method of getting them to show up like you do.   Undecided

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

SSI01

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 1:21am
Print Post  
Yeah, well, it's the story of my life, I guess.  At any rate, this method works.  I tried it more than once the other way around (i.e., starting ACE first, then FSX) and it has consistently failed to work.

I find it interesting the fuel system diagram and ability to reapportion the amount of fuel in each tank in a chosen aircraft that is such an excellent part of the ACE utility in FS9, and is directly referenced in the FSX C-130Xperience Manual No. 1, is in fact not in the ACE utility for FSX as the manual states.  It's possible they may in future release an updated ACE utility for FSX that includes the fuel feature, but after all this time I'm betting on it staying like it is.

This seems to be the only hangup with what is otherwise an EXCELLENT product, fun to fly, not overly complex in its systems, yet quite realistic.  Having ridden in one years ago, including on the flight deck, I can testify to this.  The only thing I've done to mine is use a different sound set since, from personal experience, I don't hear an Alison turboprop in the FSX C-130.  It's a turboprop, all right, just can't figure out from where.  The P-3 and C-130 use the same engine - any P-3 sound set should give a user an accurate representation of the bird's real sound.  It's unmistakable.

IP Logged

SSI01

Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Markoz, I need to discuss some F-104 issues with you.

I have noted elsewhere on this page you've done some things in re: the F-104 and using it successfully in FSX.  I've moved mine over into an "aircraft" folder in the sim, and changed the .cfg file in "C" drive as you said.

Specifically, I need to know how you did two things:  first, how you made the upper part of the instrument panel in the aircraft appear in FSX (and hopefully how you got ALL the gauges and pop-ups to appear in FSX); second, how you got rid of that J-79 smoke trail that starts next to and above the -104 in the air.

We can carry this on in the Legendary_F-104 thread, doesn't belong here, I guess.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Sorry, but it wouldn't have been me, as I only have Captain Sim products for FSX and P3D.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

SSI01

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
OK, let me recheck that thread and see who did post it.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top