Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
AUTO APP do not follow ILS (Read 2526 times)
Mattsfalck

AUTO APP do not follow ILS
Nov 10th, 2017 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Hi,

I am quite new to the captainsim B732, but been doing some test flights already.
I have trouble getting the plane to follow the ILS on approach with autopilot engaged and FD & AP being selected to AUTO APP.
Trying to come in with 30 degrees heading select and below the GS. The plane turns in to capture the LOC but overshoots and does not correct it back.

Am I doing something very wrong or is the AUTO APP mode not folowing the ILS in cs B732?

Regards

Matts

IP Logged

Capbat

Re: AUTO APP do not follow ILS
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Hi I am new to this forum, I can only refer you to this video (But I cannot yet post a url I have not posted the required first 3 post yet Sad  just go on youtube and search for FSX - Captain Sim 727 AutoPilot Tutorial - ILS PART 1 but what surprises me is that close to 200 persons have viewed your post a NOBODY has come up with an answer. Not a very good sign of involvement here. At least someone from CapSim should have attempted an answer. Don't think I'll be here to often. To Bad.

Bat

IP Logged

RobWilk

Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Capbat wrote on Jan 21st, 2018 at 3:36pm:
Hi I am new to this forum, I can only refer you to this video (But I cannot yet post a url I have not posted the required first 3 post yet Sad  just go on youtube and search for FSX - Captain Sim 727 AutoPilot Tutorial - ILS PART 1 but what surprises me is that close to 200 persons have viewed your post a NOBODY has come up with an answer. Not a very good sign of involvement here. At least someone from CapSim should have attempted an answer. Don't think I'll be here to often. To Bad.

Bat

Well you joined the forum 17 years ago and have posted three times......I'm sure your involvement will be missed...............
I'm also not sure what the 727 video you referenced has to do with the subject ..............

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 3:24am
Print Post  
When flying the Captain Sim 737, I don't use the FD, I just use the AP, and that includes using the AP to track the ILS and GS. It works just fine for me doing it that way.
Like most aircraft, it's best to come in on as shallow an angle as you can (if your flight plan allows it) when ligning up with the ILS, as it gives you the best chance of a good fast alignment. Having said that, I can still capture the ILS and GS from wider angles (around 70o), but it might "chase" the ILS a bit before aligning properly.
Note. The AP will follow the GS before capturing the ILS if you select APP, while coming in from either side of the ILS.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top