Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Poll
Poll Question: What's your key flightsim for 2017-2018?

« Created by: Captain Sim on: Jun 1st, 2017 at 8:21pm »

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 What's your key flightsim? (Read 12587 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

What's your key flightsim?
Jun 1st, 2017 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Multiple choice ok

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Re: What's your key flightsim?
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Honestly, for quite sometime folks may be using FSX SE and P3D v4 due to some favorite add-ons that are not yet or will never be compatible with P3D.

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Woogey

Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 1:43am
Print Post  
For my general Military Flight Sim, P3d4 all the way, however I am in love with XP11!  It can do so many things better that any of the FSX based sims including P3d4.  The only thing holding it back are a couple choice developers that are afraid to try something new.  Every one of Capt. Sims existing fleet of aircraft would be amazing to have in X-Plane.  Please consider it, even if your poll says otherwise.  For anyone who may read this, I am a die hard P3d guy, and know it like the back of my hand, but X-plane 11.......... man it is on another level.  You have to try it!

-Woog

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 1:55am
Print Post  
I still prefer FSX/FSX-SE, because I like the start screen, and menu better, and both work very well in Windows 7, my preferred operating system. FSX-SE is quite an improvement over FSX, as it certainly seem to perform better than FSX. Once I spend more time with these in Windows 10, I will see if P3Dv4 (which I decided to install in Windows 10) is the one I will spend more time in, if FSX/FSX-SE don't perform well enough.

Note. Too bad I didn't know it was a multiple choice pole, as I submitted my choice before I clicked on the view topic  button, or I would have selected P3D v4 as well. Perhaps having that displayed on the main forum page might stop others from making the same mistake I did? Undecided

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

GrumpyGP

Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
P3D4 now and in the future.

FSXA and P3D3 installed so that installers can find some place to put the files. I use a program to monitor installers and can cut and paste to move to P3D4.

A long, slow process to install everything again, but I'm retired and it will keep me out of trouble for a while.

IP Logged

Richard Portier

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 11:18am
Print Post  
P3Dv4 asap after changing my graphic card.

FSX Acc.

Checked also "other" for Aerofly2 for which I want to give a try.

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc @ 4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770|M16GB|Windows 7 Ultimate 64|Fsx Accel|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

IP Logged

scotth6

Reply #6 - Jun 11th, 2017 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
P3D V4 and 64 bit looks and sounds like it is great, but I am honestly not even interested in changing sims again.  It has taken me a year or more to get P3D V3 setup and most addons downloaded and working.  In the time I have used P3D V3 I have had about 2 OOMs, so 64 bit isn't a necessity for me right now.

Sims I am using (in order of most use):

P3D V3
DCS World
FSX:SE
Aerofly FS2

I may just wait for P3D V5 before I jump ship again.

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #7 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 7:51am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 2nd, 2017 at 1:55am:
I still prefer FSX/FSX-SE, because I like the start screen, and menu better, and both work very well in Windows 7, my preferred operating system. FSX-SE is quite an improvement over FSX, as it certainly seem to perform better than FSX. Once I spend more time with these in Windows 10, I will see if P3Dv4 (which I decided to install in Windows 10) is the one I will spend more time in, if FSX/FSX-SE don't perform well enough.

Note. Too bad I didn't know it was a multiple choice pole, as I submitted my choice before I clicked on the view topic  button, or I would have selected P3D v4 as well. Perhaps having that displayed on the main forum page might stop others from making the same mistake I did? Undecided

Same here...I would have selected P3D v4 along with FSX/SE.

Just like the FS9 to FSX transition, I will have both sims installed but I'm sure I'll spend more time in P3D now.

(mostly flying the 737 in P3d v4, besides some minor issues it's working great so far, I love it now more than ever.)

Dave

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #8 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
dbhally wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 7:51am:
Markoz wrote on Jun 2nd, 2017 at 1:55am:

Same here...I would have selected P3D v4 along with FSX/SE.

Just like the FS9 to FSX transition, I will have both sims installed but I'm sure I'll spend more time in P3D now.

(mostly flying the 737 in P3d v4, besides some minor issues it's working great so far, I love it now more than ever.)

Yes. P3Dv4 is very good, and I'm sure I'll use it more than FSX/FSX-SE now. Grin

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #9 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Interesting that the most responders are P3DV4 with FSX second, understandable.

MarkOz's point about add-ons is very pertinent. Besides Captain Sim products which have yet to be upgraded to V4 I have a collection of aircraft some special FSX native models and some that were FS9 to FSX portovers (which I have spent a lot of time working on, textures, panels, gauges etc to get them to where I wanted them to have authentic visuals, panels and sounds), and they cannot be moved over to V4 because of their 32 bit architecture. This also applies to scenery addons because I have a lot of stuff for the Pacific and Japan that will also be in the same non carry over category. As well the developers who did these will not rebuild them for V4 or similar and therefore nobody in the foreseeable future will redo these models particular the Jens Kristensen flying boats. This is a major stop point for any adoption of V4 no matter how much better it really may be.

Now as for FSX well, I  run a Win7 system and with the various tinkering I have done over the years (basically respecting the 32bit architecture and limitations) I have it running basically trouble free with no OOM's or crashes. I am not really interested in moving across to Win10 either when Win7 works fine and apart from FSX has more computing capacity than I would ever use for anything else and I am also running some legacy programs on Win7 that will not run on Win10 and those programs (Lotus) are still better than anything else around for what I use them for. So a major PC upgrade is a luxury buy and technically unnecessary especially when in my household everybody else prefers the IPAD - Android world to do stuff which is not insignificant.

And I guess that is the situation that anybody who runs a business making and developing stuff in this universe of flight sim will face, the serious fragmentation of the market by these changes.

IP Logged

skmcconnell361

Reply #10 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 12:05am
Print Post  
As of right now FSX:Se is my main sim. I did not have P3D untill V4. but will transition to V4 as aircraft become available.
P.S. I also have X-Plane 11, had sense v9 and also FSW.

IP Logged

erv

Reply #11 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 11:25am
Print Post  
P3D-v4.1. Sure wish I could get my Capt Sim C-130 up & running. Great acft.

erv

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Reply #12 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Will Captainsim continue to develop for FSX in the future? FSX hasn't completely died just yet and some of the more popular developers are still developing for FSX.

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #13 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Caribflyer wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:18am:
Will Captainsim continue to develop for FSX in the future?

Yes

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Reply #14 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reassurance. I will eventually move over to P3D but I will also keep FSX SE installed. Moving over to P3D isn't as simple as moving from FS2004 to FSX. The system requirements for FSX and P3D v4 was very significant and it requires a bit of an investment for those with a limited budget.
That being said, in the next 3-5 years I can easily see P3D dominating the market along with XP11.

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top