Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
If Ever there was an Update... (Read 2110 times)
Caribflyer

If Ever there was an Update...
Apr 3rd, 2017 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
1. If the 707 will ever get an update, can there be a model that has two INS units in the Virtual Cockpit vs the Doppler Radar unit and INS?

2. As far as the sounds are concerned, perhaps some more work can go into the environmental sound effects in the cockpit for a more immersive experience.

3. Better exterior lights and customizable cockpit and cabin lighting. (by law the cabin lights should be off under 10,000ft)

4. Improved engine simulation (specifically the startup process)

5. Virtual Flight Engineer to manage the fuel system in a logical and realistic manner.

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Re: If Ever there was an Update...
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 1:56am
Print Post  
6. Radio tuning and knob turning control improvements
7. When the AP is on, and the Pitch Trim Wheel is used, the control yoke also moves slightly.

8. When going into FSX menus and then back to the flight, all switches are reset to their off positions (lights, radio DME, AP etc...)

9. INS that allows DME updating and perhaps having two independent units in the Cockpit will be useful in monitoring position and DME updating etc...

10. Improved cabin pressurization functionality. (unable to select cabin alt/cruise alt setting)

11. Improved trim sensitivity

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Swordsman422

Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2017 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
I'll add a wish that there would be an expansion for the 707-320 with the JT4A turbojets with organ pipe exhausts. And it might be silly, but a classed interior more reflective of early 1960s 707s couldn't hurt either.

Thanks to the sceneries and ai traffic available at California Classics, I spend a LOT of time flying the 707 in the 1960s, usually for Pan American or TWA out of Ildewild or LAX.

And I'm not sure I'd use it, but a -400 International would probably get the attention of a lot of european simmers.

IP Logged

braudoux

Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 5:01am
Print Post  
And overall a compatible version with P3D, ideally V4, minimum with V3.4 would be a great step forward...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top