Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 CS 777 Unflyable (Read 6394 times)
expat

CS 777 Unflyable
Feb 23rd, 2017 at 10:13am
Print Post  
At night.  Because the VC lighting does not work. I have installed the latest update/patches (assume these are cumulative - purchased the 777 recently).  I have searched here and elsewhere many times.  Others have the same issue. Some were solved by turning on the generators (mine are definitely on), while others' issues sadly seem to have remained unaddressed. 

My VC at night looks nothing like what you see in the video (posted by admins here) and CS main page screen shots in the links below. What isn't working are the limey green/yelllow instrument lights that illuminate the switches and labels. Can't fly without these.  In the video the switch - to the right - on the overhead turns these on but nothing happens when I do. For me, I just get the very faint flood light  you see in the video when just operating the overhead switch on the left.  Also, like others have posted, there is a "glare shield" switch but you only see light through the cracks like its positioned behind the panel - which isn't much use and looks nothing like in the screen shot below.  i have experimented by adding default vc light effects to the air.cfg using different coordinates but still no luck.  The problem actually does seem like the default coordinates are way off.  Please let me know if you have your vc lights working any better than what I have described.  Smiley

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDnUD01Q8y

https://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/imgview.pl?i=/products/x777/img/screenshots/v...

https://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/imgview.pl?i=/products/x777/img/screenshots/v...

IP Logged

expat

Re: CS 777 Unflyable
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
No suggestions?  No one else having these issues?

IP Logged

Sidney Schwartz

Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 2:06am
Print Post  
I'm having the same problem with the panel night lighting not working. I was hoping the recent update would fix it, but no such luck. I also own the Capt. Sim 737 and 727, and both have great night lighting. I regularly fly planes from Quality Wings, Caranado and Just Flight...ditto. Why can't Capt. Sim fix this?? Angry

IP Logged

expat

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Sidney, sorry to hear you too have this issue but good to have some company!  Strange no one ventures any theories because elsewhere in the 777 threads others have reported this same problem.  Screenshot shows a bright spot on the roof of the fuselage and suggest this panel light is perhaps in the wrong position.  NB: this is NOT the dome light.  Its the "panel" light switch to the right that I believe should be illuminating all the switches and labels with the green/yellow color.

upload gif

IP Logged

Sidney Schwartz

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 1:13am
Print Post  
OK, let's approach this from another direction. If you're NOT having this problem with the night lighting, can you please tell us exactly how you're turning the lights on? Please?  Undecided

IP Logged

Sidney Schwartz

Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 4:36am
Print Post  
I've found that, at least for me, the "lime green" lights that illuminate the panel markings cannot be turned on during daylight hours, no matter how dim the outside light may actually be. If I set the time of day to dusk the lime green lights will appear along with main panel lighting. These lights are activated by clicking the center button on the Master Bright knob. So I guess these lights work, but with most of my other planes I can turn them on during the day if the light is dim. Hope this helps.

P.S.-- expat, how do you insert an image into a post on this forum?

IP Logged

Jim Kaye

Reply #6 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 5:44am
Print Post  
If I am flying the 777 at night, I first press the 'L' key, which turns on all of the lights.  After the engines are started I then turn individual lights down or off as needed.

Jim Kaye

[img]https://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x777/x777_3.jpg[/img

IP Logged

Sidney Schwartz

Reply #7 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 6:49am
Print Post  
Thanks, Jim.

IP Logged

expat

Reply #8 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
I can't get the "lime lights" at all pressing the center switch. Also I just noticed something else weird - the "wing light" switch on the overhead also adds to the floodlights.  My flood lights seem to light up the jump seats and back of the flight deck.  Again, something strange.

Also, pressing the "L" key turns nothing on/off inside, only outside.  Never seen that before in FS.

All these symptoms - and few others having them - make  wonder if I have the wrong air.cfg locations?

Could someone here with truly wonderful cockpit lighting (at night - FSX vc lights don't work well by day) please post here their [lights] entries for the 777-200LR model?  Thanks!

Sidney: I use this free image posting site -

https://postimage.io/

IP Logged

expat

Reply #9 - Mar 4th, 2017 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
SOLVED!!

Problem was of my own doing. I don't like lots of extra planes in my active "airplanes" folder and untangled all the aliases to have just one model, the -200LR. Somehow even though I have checked and re-checked the panel, model, and paint texture.cfg's, I have found you must have the "root" =200ER GE in the airplanes folder to get the lights to work on my LR. It looks terrific at night now!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Mar 4th, 2017 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
It's nice to hear you have it working now. Grin

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

expat

Reply #11 - Mar 4th, 2017 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Thanks Mark. Looking really nice now!
uploadimage

IP Logged

Sergey-51

Reply #12 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Hi Brothers ,help please solve the problem with the terrain radar display, after the update on v 1.8 terrain shows all one yellow color, when switching to weather radar works OK! When you return to terrain shows one yellow color! Tried to reinstall 4 times the problem remains! I have planes bought for FSX and P3D! On both simulators the same problem! I really like Captain Sim planes! Please help me ! Thank you so much !Hi Markoz! Brother help please solve the problem with the terrain radar display, after the update on v 1.8 terrain shows all one color, when switching to weather radar works OK! When you return to terrain shows one color! Tried to reinstall 4 times the problem remains! I have planes bought for FSX and P3D! On both simulators the same problem! I really like Captain Sim planes! Please help me ! Thank you so much !

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #13 - Mar 9th, 2017 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Sergey-51 wrote on Mar 5th, 2017 at 12:56am:
Hi Brothers ,help please solve the problem with the terrain radar display, after the update on v 1.8 terrain shows all one yellow color, when switching to weather radar works OK! When you return to terrain shows one yellow color! Tried to reinstall 4 times the problem remains! I have planes bought for FSX and P3D! On both simulators the same problem! I really like Captain Sim planes! Please help me ! Thank you so much !Hi Markoz! Brother help please solve the problem with the terrain radar display, after the update on v 1.8 terrain shows all one color, when switching to weather radar works OK! When you return to terrain shows one color! Tried to reinstall 4 times the problem remains! I have planes bought for FSX and P3D! On both simulators the same problem! I really like Captain Sim planes! Please help me ! Thank you so much !

I just emailed a reply to your request for help from me about this problem. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top