Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Some minor issues (Read 17950 times)
Sidney Schwartz

Some minor issues
Apr 22nd, 2016 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
I bought the Capt. Sim 727 a while back and liked it so much I just bought the 737. I'm enjoying it very much but there are a few minor issues I have questions about. I'm running it on FSX: SE/Windows 7.

1. In level flight the stabilizer trim light seems to be on all the time. Cruise speed is usually around mach .8.

2. There is an "Off Schedule Descent" warning light. What determines when that goes on?

3. The "Emergency Exit Lights Not Armed" light never goes on even when that switch is Off.

4. Cabin pressure is always in auto mode. The cabin rate of climb indicator is always at zero, even though the cabin pressure gauge shows that pressurization is working.

5. The auto braking does not seem to engage on touch down. I'm not seeing the FSX red "brakes" alert in the bottom left corner, and it doesn't feel like the brakes are on.

6. Will the PDCS every be fixed so that it sets the speed and epr bugs?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. These are minor issues and overall the plane is a pleasure to fly.

IP Logged

Sidney Schwartz

Re: Some minor issues
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 3:09am
Print Post  
Forget #2. I found it in the manual.

7. The flight director always directs to wherever the heading bug is, even if I'm in Nav mode and tuned to a VOR or ILS.

IP Logged

CesarW

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2016 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Hellow!

New here!!

I got the 737-200 and 200adv, managed to install the default b737 2d panel and works wonderfull!!!!.

Only concern is that since install the rudder moves left and right randomly, but only on ground!! Sad

IP Logged

nbaalman19

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 1:57am
Print Post  
I purchased the 737 yesterday (SP1.7), I was able to find a file in another thread to fix missing sounds..

However the PDCS crashes to desktop... everytime... which I saw was a fix in SP 1.6.   Also when I select ground power I don't get any.  Anyone have any advise? Ive re-installed a few times with no joy.

IP Logged

FranR

Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Hi there sidney,
I'm also new and I had some strange things happening as well. I'm just going to blame that on my own inexperience.

I have to say I was very impressed with the 737, but it'll take some time to learn the plane inside out.

Cheers,
Fran

IP Logged

Casen_

Reply #5 - Nov 28th, 2016 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Sidney Schwartz wrote on Apr 23rd, 2016 at 3:09am:
Forget #2. I found it in the manual.

7. The flight director always directs to wherever the heading bug is, even if I'm in Nav mode and tuned to a VOR or ILS.

The Flight Director is bugged and has been since release. It works for localizers and ILS, but it does not work for VOR. You can tell by the Amber/Green/Off lights just above and to the right of the PFD. If it is green, it means it is locked and working, Amber means it is ready.

There is a side for the FD and a side for the AP (since they are separate systems.) The AP side always works. The VOR light goes from Amber to Green when it is locked and working. The Flight Director side however never goes Green and therefore never locks on to the VOR.

It makes hand flying more involved as you gotta fly the instruments instead of the FD. I just wish they would fix it.

IP Logged

mog

Reply #6 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
This is regarding Sidney's original list of problems, specifically item 1, Trim light on all the time, I have had this same problem from the outset does anybody have a fix for this yet?

mog

IP Logged

JimS

Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Sorry to add to this post, on my tablet and its not showing a link to start a new post.

Can someone point me towards finding a third party repainter for the Captain Sim 737. Been trying to find a nice looking private livery plane.

Thanks,

Jim

IP Logged

Rick M.

Reply #8 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
I bought this back in 2013 and the only reason I updated (yesterday) was so the jetway would line up with the door. Well, now it won't stay on course in GPS mode. It immediately turns right when I set the AP to VORLOC.
I should have left it alone.

IP Logged

Ryz

Reply #9 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
JimS wrote on Jan 11th, 2017 at 9:49pm:
Sorry to add to this post, on my tablet and its not showing a link to start a new post.

Can someone point me towards finding a third party repainter for the Captain Sim 737. Been trying to find a nice looking private livery plane.

Thanks,

Jim

Which one? For what variation? I'm experimenting with the paint kit. Already made an American livery. Going to start a thread fairly soon.

Also on the point of new thread not showing up, I believe you need five comments to post new threads. I thought it was ten but apparently its five. You need ten for other things though.

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top