Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
fuel tanks (Read 3062 times)
so666

fuel tanks
Jan 26th, 2016 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Hi.
I only purchased the b52 yesterday , and took her for a quick flight,i did not like the way it flew , and mine is v1.1.
I have seen b52s taking off/landing , and i have been reading these forums , not as yet done any suggested mods , but looking at the fuel load page in fsx , the tanks did not match the fuel gauges ,so on comparing the gauges to the cfg file , there appears to be a missing fuel tank , IE on inst panel you have 12 tanks , in fsx and the cfg file , only 11 tanks are shown.
Is this an oversight by captsim,or a restriction of fsx,also the fsx fuel load panel tank names, do not match the inst panel , so loading fuel is not as straight forward as it could have been.
anyone else noticed this fuel tank problem.
regards alan.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: fuel tanks
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 3:45am
Print Post  
The fuel gauge to the left of the MID BODY switch, and the gauge below the AFT BODY switch, display the fuel quantity in the CENTER 3 tank. So there are really only 11 tanks. Hopefully Captain Sim will fix this in a future update. Undecided

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

so666

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Hi Markoz.
Thanks for reply,i have been messing with the cfg file,to try and get correct fueltank names and position corrected , and increased eng to 34000 and increased drag on flaps/aircraft , and moved cg fwd slightly , test flight yesterday , gave a better flight than day before , but failed to get to 50000ft , so need drag reducing a bit , and maybe a bit of increase in lift scaler , but FSX did not like the tanks renaming or adding the extra tank , so i will just have to play  around with fuel tanks that i have,regarding position and qty,to give correct fuel.
I have found a web site , which shows tank names and positions but not the qty , and going from info found sofar CSb52 driver has a shortfall on fuel qty.
And going from a schematic showing tanks there is in fact 13 tanks ,but it will i think be imposible to model this correctly.
The tanks from left wing to right wing are , left ext ,leftoutbd, main1,main2,ctrwing,main3,main4,rightoutbd,r ext.
On the body tanks from front to aft are named, fwd body ,then the ctrwing,then another fwd body,mid body,aftbody.
As you can see fwd body tank consists of two tanks eitherside of the cntr wing tank.
I think the airfile might need to be redone regarding fueltank names,inorder for the fsx to recognise the names , and i do not know or have the programe to do that,it is somthing CS would have to reply to or alter .
I would like to see this aircraft done in a pro version for the ones like me , who like the challenge of flying them like the real aircraft.
I have put fuel in one tank at a time , and found aft/mid body use FSX center3 fuel tank, so you can never use the fuel correctly,as per a post i have read on this forum over the correct use of fuel tanks/selection during a flight,to keep cg at correct limits over all phases of flight.
According to info about TOTAL FUEL QTY,cs52 driver is some 3173 gal short,
Regards alan. Sad

IP Logged

so666

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Hi.
I have been reading up on the sdk for the aircraft.cfg , so i could try and make the b52 , fly more correctly.
I have found that the fuel tank problem ,is in fact a limitation of FSX ,only way,i can think off to get round this , would be for CaptSim to make it a hard coded dedicated fuel system via the b52 ace , so that you could load the b52 with fuel correctly .
regards alan.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top