Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
V2.7 727-200/100 another company RE model glitch (Read 5294 times)
DontSync

V2.7 727-200/100 another company RE model glitch
Nov 21st, 2015 at 7:20am
Print Post  
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a small link piece/rod on the left wing, underneath the outer slats close to the winglet of the another company Models. It shows itself when in flight (during wing flex). It just floats there, until you land. Then the wings settle and it buries itself back into the wing.

PS, I'm positive it was a part of the slats that was suppose to stay animated with the rest of the wing flexing, but somehow got over looked.

Also the 200/100 cockpit click animation for the cockpit windows don't open, unless you use the animation control box. Tried everything, several re-installs, reloading flights, doesn't fix it.

Not a huge deal to me, but if someone at the captain sim 727 developement could take a peek. Just giving a heads up.  Wink

Steam ID: CrookedKat

IP Logged

DontSync

Re: V2.7 727-200/100 another company RE model glitch
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
UPDATE:
Disregard the window problem. I found out what the issue was with that.

IP Logged

DontSync

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2015 at 7:22am
Print Post  

This wasn't there in v2.6. Now it's present on all 100/200 another company models in v2.7. Huh

IP Logged

stretch1365

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2015 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Hi DontSync.

I had the same issue as you with the cockpit windows, I posted a comment on here when v2.7 first came out. I even found the windows working using the VC clickspot one minute but not 20 mins later. I am interested in your comment that you sorted it, what exactly did you do to sort out the problem............

Thanks and regards

David Phillips.

Happy Flying,&&&&David Phillips

IP Logged

DontSync

Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2015 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Hi Dave,
I smacked myself in the forehead when I realized what the issue was: elevation adjustment.
I have KEGE (ORBX) and was taking off from there when I saw the cockpit windows wouldn't open, just like when you're airborne. So later I started a flight from KLAX (BP Sims), I click on the windows and they opened just fine. So if you're using airport add-ons, and they are implemented with "elevation adjustments" like ORBX's KEGE, Captain Sim's "ground protection detection," doesn't let you open via the click-spot, but the animation panel bypasses that. So in other words, it works fine with FSX or a ground level airport add-on, just not well with some elevation adjusted add-ons.

IP Logged

stretch1365

Reply #5 - Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Hi DontSync,

Thanks for your reply, I had never heard of the mentioned "elevation protection" before, but it makes sense, you'd not want to open the windows in flight, and I was starting from Flytampa Zurich, windows opened, and landing at a freeware Samedan, using UTX GEX europe, which is alot higher. You have peeked my interest and I will try again at an addon at sea level and see what happens.

I will have a look for your erroneous line under the wing next time I fly my 727 and let you know if I see it too.

Thanks and regards.

David Phillips.

Happy Flying,&&&&David Phillips

IP Logged

Kipendale

Reply #6 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Did you ever find out what that thing under the wing was?

Andrew

IP Logged

Fly from Portland

Reply #7 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
That doodle under the wing disappears when the slats are extended. Might be an issue with the animation of that slat, doodle might be a rib.

Marc&&Dell XPS 8300 AMD Radeon HD 6450&&Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU@2.90GHz&&6 GB 64 bit&&&&

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #8 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Just checked my 727-100 another company RE V2.7 for the Little Black line under the slats.
I don't have it,thought it could be a single one of those Little Blck antenae that are place in front of the slats on some planes ? Even if I extend the slats. I made various attempts at making it show, to my knowledge it didn't show,On the other hand I made a search and it could be a Static discharger like these on another plane scroll Down a bit for a Picture:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_discharger Wonder if it's not a corrupt BMP you have and need a complete reinstallation of your CS727,If it persists,even if it doesn't bother you you could download a new copy.Berlopez

<div class=
IP Logged

DontSync

Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 4:12am
Print Post  
Berlopez wrote on Mar 8th, 2016 at 10:14pm:
Just checked my 727-100 another company RE V2.7 for the Little Black line under the slats.
I don't have it,thought it could be a single one of those Little Blck antenae that are place in front of the slats on some planes ? Even if I extend the slats. I made various attempts at making it show, to my knowledge it didn't show,On the other hand I made a search and it could be a Static discharger like these on another plane scroll Down a bit for a Picture:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_discharger Wonder if it's not a corrupt BMP you have and need a complete reinstallation of your CS727,If it persists,even if it doesn't bother you you could download a new copy.Berlopez

Thanks for the possible suggestions, Berlopez. But I've installed v2.7 on a brand new PC build and it still has the same glitch. However, if I fly with the advanced animations option disabled, the piece doesn't show up because there's no "wingflex". So I guess that's one work-around.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top