Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Installation-problems (Read 5096 times)
Free Flightdeckmag

Installation-problems
Aug 16th, 2015 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
First thanks for this unexpected update.
But I can not fly. There is no yoke and I can't use mouse to dial altitude and other gauges or start APU. The gauges at engineer panel are lost.

System Windows 7 64bit, FSX
Bitdefender Antivirus, but the report didn't show any actions of Bitdefender during or after installation.
This is what I did:

1. Uninstall CS 727 (all base, freighter, 200)
2. Restart computer
3. Install version 2.6
4. Enter Registration number
5. Restart computer

Did it many times this way, but now after deinstalling I was not asked for registration number again.

I tried also this:

- clean  registry with ccleaner
- delete all captain sim 727 folders in FSX if some are remaining
- delete all gauge entries in FSX.cfg where 727 inside

After 2 days found no solution for this. What should I do?
Thanks for your help.

IP Logged

b777trng

Re: Installation-problems
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Greetings All

I have exactly the same issue.

Best regards
Palle

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Please fill in tickets in Customer Support section.

IP Logged

b777trng

Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2015 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Greetings Tanya

Thanks for your reply, I did that, but my ticket was deleted, and I was referred to the forum.

Anyhow, I did the following:
Reinstall it using the "Run as administrator" option (right click on the installer and select "Run as administrator" from the list that pops up),
select "Repair" when given the choice to either "Repair" or "Uninstall".

Still no luck!

Best regards
Palle

IP Logged

Free Flightdeckmag

Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2015 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Hello Tanja,
thanks for your help. It works fine and this is the best airplane for FSX! Smiley

IP Logged

steelersfan21

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Hey guys my antivirus is showing the download as malware..is this common?

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2015 at 7:51am
Print Post  
This is a false alert.

IP Logged

Tupolev114

Reply #7 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 8:51am
Print Post  
I have the same issues, it seems that not on of the gauges will work, for me i find this bizarre as i have never had the 727 until today so i cant see what would be causing this issue and the response that i got from my support ticket was mediocre purely for that reason, what is the fix is there even a fix for this???????

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #8 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 7:32am
Print Post  
1. Turn your AV, or AV Shields OFF.
2. Right click on the 727 installer, and select 'Run as administrator' from the list.
3. Select the 'Repair' option.
4. Reboot your computer.

After the computer reboots:
1. Turn your AV, or AV Sheilds OFF (if they came back ON after the reboot (mine do)).
2. Run FSX
3. Load a Captain Sim 727, and see if everything is there and working.

If everything is working like it should, all the gauges visible and working, exit FSX.

1. Turn your AV, or AV Shields ON
2. Run FSX
3. Load a Captain Sim 727, and see if everything is still there and working.

If it is, then your problem is solved. If they aren't, then your AV is probably blocking the gauges from working*. You will need to add the FSX installation folder to the exclusion list of your AV. Doing that will stop your AV from blocking the gauges from working.

If FSX is installed in it's default directory, C:\Program Files (x86)\etc... then that alone can lead to trouble with advanced addon aircraft for FSX. It is always best to install FSX anywhere else but the default location. C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X is good, but on another partition would be even better.

I always run FSX using the option "Always run this program as an administrator". This gives FSX the ability to do all the things needed to do to make everything work like it should when using an advanced aircraft addon.

* The gauges might also have been removed and placed in the AV Virus Vault/Virus Chest. You will need to click on them and restore them to the  directory they were removed from.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

mugan78

Reply #9 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Oct 8th, 2015 at 7:32am:
1. Turn your AV, or AV Shields OFF.
2. Right click on the 727 installer, and select 'Run as administrator' from the list.
3. Select the 'Repair' option.
4. Reboot your computer.

After the computer reboots:
1. Turn your AV, or AV Sheilds OFF (if they came back ON after the reboot (mine do)).
2. Run FSX
3. Load a Captain Sim 727, and see if everything is there and working.

If everything is working like it should, all the gauges visible and working, exit FSX.

1. Turn your AV, or AV Shields ON
2. Run FSX
3. Load a Captain Sim 727, and see if everything is still there and working.

If it is, then your problem is solved. If they aren't, then your AV is probably blocking the gauges from working*. You will need to add the FSX installation folder to the exclusion list of your AV. Doing that will stop your AV from blocking the gauges from working.

If FSX is installed in it's default directory, C:\Program Files (x86)\etc... then that alone can lead to trouble with advanced addon aircraft for FSX. It is always best to install FSX anywhere else but the default location. C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X is good, but on another partition would be even better.

I always run FSX using the option "Always run this program as an administrator". This gives FSX the ability to do all the things needed to do to make everything work like it should when using an advanced aircraft addon.

* The gauges might also have been removed and placed in the AV Virus Vault/Virus Chest. You will need to click on them and restore them to the  directory they were removed from.

I'm having the exact same problem with my FSX SE copy.  I have tried everything, also all that you suggested, but didn't work.

I have installed and repaired so many times, i have my security turned off when installing as well as making sure that i 'Run as Admin', but everytime i load the aircraft the gauges don't work none of them, on the normal models (non freight) there isn't any click spots appearing, on the freight models the click spots appear but you can't do anything with them the dials just don't work or turn. None of the lights or switches on the upper panel work or move if you try to click them, the fuel panel is blank and none of the engineers panel work either. The only thing that does work is the yoke and the throttle quadrant and the engine cut off levers.

This is really frustrating as i have this model on my other pc working in original FSX no probs and its a dream to fly i love it but it baffles me as to why it doesn't work on FSX SE????!!!! Angry Angry

IP Logged

Fstop

Reply #10 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Howdy all!

I'm seeing sort of the same thing in P3dV3. This coming from Just Flight's 2.4 version (didn't have this issue in FSX).

I purchased P3D version 2.7 yesterday afternoon and I cannot get the gauges to work (ironically, only the clock seems to work on all my trouble shooting steps). I've tried everything, repaired the installation, activated offline, cleanly re-installed, built a fresh OS installation (8.1 coming from 10 Pro x64), disabled defender, ran as admin, set 727 as the default aircraft upon starting the sim. Nothing has worked as of yet. I opened a ticket yesterday night so the wait begins.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top