Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
727 Version 2.6 Additional Comments (Read 3563 times)
Jim Kaye

727 Version 2.6 Additional Comments
Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:38am
Print Post  
I was apprehensive about deleting my CS727 because I had recently made changes to the INS as described in this forum, but with the new version 2.6 the INS still works as it should.  I have not had any of the trim problems noted by others, and the default 727 flight from KSEA sets the trim to the same setting as given by the V1 takeoff/landing card.

Something that puzzled me at first was that on the Boeing 727-100 UDF (N732720) the starboard engine appears to have counter-rotating propeller blades, somewhat similar to the Piaggio P.180 Avanti.  The port engine is normal.  The starboard engine is so well done I assume this is intentional, and Boeing is using this plane as a test aircraft.  It seems to have no effect on performance, but it looks pretty cool!

When the animations are enabled, the service door still opens and closes the main door instead, and the rear air stairs also open/close the main door instead.  The red ALL selection works correctly.

I am very pleased with version 2.6, and the comments about the animations are very trivial.  Great work, Captain Sim.   Smiley Smiley

Jim Kaye

[img]https://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x777/x777_3.jpg[/img

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Re: 727 Version 2.6 Additional Comments
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
I too was apprehensive about installing 2.6, as it was well due ( no insult meant). Have installed and at first my flaps gauge didn't work Huh I had read about this problem here in the forum so I stopped my FSX session and started a new one a few moments later, Now! the Flaps gauge worked to my content. I am happy to say. thanks to all WHO have been involved and have improved  the cap 727 which is a joy to fly. Grin

<div class=
IP Logged

Jean Marc

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2015 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Hi

It`s possible to avoid the dive when AP is engaged
Stay the FD selector OFF position
Engage the AP
1 aileron SW
2 Elevator SW
the aircraft don't dive
Before that put the FD selector on the correct position who you need, use AP normally
If you use INS it's the same procedure engage the AP staying FD slector OFF

IP Logged

DontSync

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 9:12am
Print Post  
I came from v2.2, lost my reg info a long time ago  Embarrassed. Bought v2.6 anyways, definitely worth it. (and I backed up my serial and info, lol Roll Eyes )

Steam ID: CrookedKat

IP Logged

Mustang1977

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Hello people,

Version 2.6 works fine by me, no problems, except:

Did anyone noticed that the V-One Marks at the airspeed gauge don't move? Normally, after initializing all (2D) panels inclusive V-One and the flaps at takeoff position, the markers come in place (so it is at my 707).

IP Logged

fsxpaul

Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2015 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Mustang1977 wrote on Oct 27th, 2015 at 3:47pm:
Hello people,

Version 2.6 works fine by me, no problems, except:

Did anyone noticed that the V-One Marks at the airspeed gauge don't move? Normally, after initializing all (2D) panels inclusive V-One and the flaps at takeoff position, the markers come in place (so it is at my 707).

This happens now due to the V-One gauge being loaded into memory right from the start.
Previous V-One gauges (707 as well) would not load until the 2D panel was first opened / loaded.

IP Logged

Mustang1977

Reply #6 - Oct 29th, 2015 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Hey thanks. Interesting. I think I can fix this for myself.

IP Logged

fsxpaul

Reply #7 - Oct 29th, 2015 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Mustang1977 wrote on Oct 29th, 2015 at 12:24pm:
Hey thanks. Interesting. I think I can fix this for myself.

The V-One gauge has always controlled the speed markers and what you've observed as an issue was always present.

How do you want the markers to function? Do you want the ability to move them at anytime?

Fixing this by yourself requires decompiling the V-One.spb into XML and then modifying the V-One.xml code.
You'll have to unpack the V-One.cab into a directory named 'V-One' and delete or rename the file V-One.spb and place the modified V-One.xml in this same directory.

I can look into this issue if you let me know how you want the markers to function.
I know where the logic is in the XML code that controls the markers.

IP Logged

spartan300

Reply #8 - Oct 30th, 2015 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
I have a problem with my animation control panel. When I click on the rear stairs to deploy it does not work. I completely uninstalled and removed all cs 727 folders and reinstalled. Also the oil quantity check button still functions incorrectly same as before 2.6 update.
Does anyone else have these glitches?

IP Logged

Mustang1977

Reply #9 - Oct 30th, 2015 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
fsxpaul wrote on Oct 29th, 2015 at 2:39pm:
How do you want the markers to function? Do you want the ability to move them at anytime?

Now I've discovered that you can move the markers manually, for me this is ok. I can't remember if this was also possible by the 707-V-One. An automatic function like at the 707 would be fine, but manually is also ok  Smiley

I think this depends with the airspeed gauge and how it is configured. The V-One itself should be ok and errorfree.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top