Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
SP 2.6 is great - just a couple of minor bugs (Read 1694 times)
cparrott73

SP 2.6 is great - just a couple of minor bugs
Jul 27th, 2015 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Greetings Captain Sim,

Just picked up the SP 2.6 update to the 727 yesterday, and took out the FedEx 727F for a test flight between KPDX and KMEM.  Enjoyed it overall, and had no major issues with the integrated CIVA INS.  Very nice addition to this particular aircraft - thanks!

I did run into a couple of minor issues that I wanted to bring to your attention:

1.  There is a bug in the CIVA INS, in which GS (ground speed) is apparently not calculated correctly.  This confused me at first, as I couldn't understand why the time to the next waypoint was so much longer than expected.  See this comparison against the default FSX GPS unit here, in which the CIVA INS reports the time to the next waypoint as over 81 minutes, while the FSX GPS unit correctly reports it as 48 minutes:

The root cause of this appears to be the incorrect GS calculation, as shown in this screenshot:

I deleted the waypoints automatically inserted into the CIVA INS based on the FSX flightplan I used, and manually entered them myself for more realism.  I don't know if this would make any difference here.

2.  NAV/GPS switch label is incorrect in the night texture for the virtual cockpit.  This one confused me as well, because I couldn't figure out for a few moments what happened to the NAV/GPS switch!  I had to hover over this switch with the mouse pointer, and the tooltip popped up with text informing me that this was indeed the NAV/GPS switch.  Might want to fix this up to match the daytime texture:

Otherwise, great work.  Hopefully you could fix these items in the next update for the 727.

Respectfully yours,

Chris Parrott

IP Logged

Jim Kaye

Re: SP 2.6 is great - just a couple of minor bugs
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
I also noticed this discrepancy between the CIVA time to the next waypoint and the FSX GPS value.  The latter is correct.

Jim Kaye

[img]https://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x777/x777_3.jpg[/img

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top