Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Callouts (Read 1924 times)
Nick Cooper

Callouts
Jul 26th, 2015 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
I find the callouts very helpful but also that the height callouts seem to work only once.
That is, if I descend below say 500 feet, the callout is there but if I climb again, the next time I descend below 500 feet, I do so in silence.
This applies to all the height callouts, so the first visit to an airport is excellent but any thereafter, there are no more height callouts.
Is this how it is, or is there a fix?

Many thanks,
Nick.

IP Logged

fsxpaul

Re: Callouts
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Nick Cooper wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 12:58pm:
I find the callouts very helpful but also that the height callouts seem to work only once.
That is, if I descend below say 500 feet, the callout is there but if I climb again, the next time I descend below 500 feet, I do so in silence.
This applies to all the height callouts, so the first visit to an airport is excellent but any thereafter, there are no more height callouts.

Many thanks,
Nick.

The Altitude Call-Outs were designed to sound once during a descent. The main reason behind this was if hand flying at 500 FT for example, and your elevation were to change up and down slightly, the call-out would continually sound. That can be quite annoying.

I looked at the code and indeed it is not resetting after landing. It is a very simple fix but because of the way the XML code is packaged and installed I would need to provide a modified XML file and installation instructions.

I'm not sure if another update is coming any time soon but if there are enough issues that arise then it will be corrected.

IP Logged

Nick Cooper

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Thank you very much for your reply.
I would be entirely comfortable applying the fix manually,
if that is possible.
I am very grateful for all the enhancements you have provided.

Regards,
Nick

IP Logged

Fontenele

Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Great tip! Thanks fsxpaul.

fsxpaul wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 2:30pm:
Nick Cooper wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 12:58pm:

Many thanks,
Nick.

The Altitude Call-Outs were designed to sound once during a descent. The main reason behind this was if hand flying at 500 FT for example, and your elevation were to change up and down slightly, the call-out would continually sound. That can be quite annoying.

I looked at the code and indeed it is not resetting after landing. It is a very simple fix but because of the way the XML code is packaged and installed I would need to provide a modified XML file and installation instructions.

I'm not sure if another update is coming any time soon but if there are enough issues that arise then it will be corrected.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top