Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
L1011-500 and some other suggestions (Read 681 times)
Caribflyer

L1011-500 and some other suggestions
Jun 8th, 2015 at 1:56am
Print Post  
While I absolutely love the L1011-100, the 500 series is far more popular by airlines that used this aircraft for long haul flights. I think it would be a very good idea to release a 500 series.

Also, The engine start up needs some work as the real aircraft engines do not start up so quickly. They take quite some time spooling up and you simply must add the distinctive hum of the RR engines. Perhaps teaming up with TSS for a new soundset?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8dezbfQC4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRhkkZc34vs

- If CS applies new lighting effects to future products, please give the L1011 some consideration for new cockpit and exterior lighting. Some exterior lights don't work even though the cockpit switches do. (wing lights)

- Adding DME updating to the INS would be a very realistic option to consider.

- Speed bugs and option Tape display for the engines
http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=52327&nseq=29

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Re: L1011-500 and some other suggestions
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
The Exterior model doesn't show the flight engineer in the cockpit. This also has to be corrected.

Finally, the interior lighting can also use an improvement since the panel back lighting should be separate to the dome/flood lighting. At night the cockpit is always either too dark or too bright in CS models.

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Tanya
CS Team

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Marlon, thank you for the report!

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 12:44am
Print Post  
No problem Tanya. I think i mentioned this before but the Wing lights don't seem to function either but the switch is moveable in the cockpit.

In the exterior model the pilots also show up a bit too bright at night. They are almost glowing.

Also, I would like to suggest that a feature be added to the Animation Control Panel. Perhaps a feature can be added to control the cabin lights on the aircraft? Perhaps an ON/OFF or AUTO switch. By law, under 10,000ft the Cabin lights should be off and this would add some more realism to CS products.

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
This is a collective list of suggestions (rather than having them spread out among numerous other posts)

- Optional Tape Engine gauges
- Optional TCAS

- Improved interior cockpit lights that separate cockpit backlighting from the flood lights
- Separate control of the cabin lights perhaps through the animation control gauge
- Improved exterior light reflection on the aircraft with lights that reflect on the ground
- Working winglights
- Individual INS 2D pop ups that also include DME updating.
- Improved Engine start sequence (the RR engines of the L1011 take a while to spool up
- Instrument gauges that fluctuate or vary slightly as would be expected with mechanical instruments.
- Optional Auto Fuel management (also for the 727 and 707...)
- Addition of the flight engineer in the exterior model
- Optional Performance Management System (manuals for this unit is available online among a few delta L1011 manuals)

Finally, due to the similarity in size, perhaps the L1011-200 series variant.

-

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top