Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Duplicating MFDs (Read 3783 times)
garrettprs

Duplicating MFDs
Dec 26th, 2014 at 10:13am
Print Post  
I read a post over on AVSIM that referenced the ability to have both MFDs display the same page/info in order to save some processing power and perhaps improve FPS. Does anyone know how to do that and/or where the directions for that process are?

Also, what was the consensus on the VC textures? It looks like some chap started creating VC textures that were both more efficient and dealt with night lighting better (see here) but never released them. I also know the "light VC" tweak, e.g. lowering the resolution of several gauges in the panel.cfg...

Long story short I've been away from the CS777 for a while (oddly enough, for performance reasons) and recently saw some tweaks that indicated there were solutions. However, I couldn't exactly find any hard and fast links or directions for them...

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Duplicating MFDs
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2014 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I read a post over on AVSIM that referenced the ability to have both MFDs display the same page/info in order to save some processing power and perhaps improve FPS. Does anyone know how to do that and/or where the directions for that process are?

All the FMC's in the CS 777 show the same page/info, and always have. So did you mean separate page/info?

Quote:
Also, what was the consensus on the VC textures? It looks like some chap started creating VC textures that were both more efficient and dealt with night lighting better (see here) but never released them. I also know the "light VC" tweak, e.g. lowering the resolution of several gauges in the panel.cfg...

I like the VC textures in the 777, and as for the person doing the modifications to the VC textures, only he can answer how he's going with them.

Quote:
Long story short I've been away from the CS777 for a while (oddly enough, for performance reasons) and recently saw some tweaks that indicated there were solutions. However, I couldn't exactly find any hard and fast links or directions for them...

I have no idea. I didn't know about the first one. The guy doing the second one has only 3 posts to his name (all of them in that same topic). Undecided

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

garrettprs

Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2014 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Hi Mark. May just be quicker to quote the post from Rob Ainscough over on AVSIM (I haven't heard back from him):

"You can make a simple modification to make the MFD's duplicates rather than independent (this save some FPS). Also there are some cockpit textures available to help even more ... with a few adjustments you can gain about 30% FPS."

Not FMCs but MFDs, rather...

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Dec 27th, 2014 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
garrettprs wrote on Dec 27th, 2014 at 6:39am:
Not FMCs but MFDs, rather...
Ahh. MFD, not FMC. Sorry. I call the displays by what they are listed as in the manual (i.e. Left Outboard Display), so that might explain why I got confused. Sad

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

garrettprs

Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2014 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Found it. Be interested to see folks here try some of these things out:

Look for sections [VCockpit05] to [VCockpit10], 6 total.

In each of these 6 sections, replace

pixel_size=512,512

with

pixel_size=256,256

This should give a 20% FPS boost, does for me at least.

Make sure while testing that you load the same aircraft for which you modified the panel.cfg. If it looks good you can modify all models of 777 like this.

The 256,256 may make the displays pixelated if you zoom in close. You can try a higher value like 320,320, that's pretty sharp. But some FPS may be lost.

Another thing which you can do is replicate the Pilot's left panels also to the co-pilot side. This will render the same display on both sides. To do this, under [VCockpit07], look for this line:

gauge00=Captain_Sim.x777.display!DisplayGauge,     8, 15, 496,482,5

Change the last digit in this line from 5 to 2

and under [VCockpit08], look for:

gauge00=Captain_Sim.x777.display!DisplayGauge,     8, 15, 496,482,6

Change the last digit from 6 to 1

Now co-pilot's displays will mirror the pilot's and save some more FPS.

And last, if you don't use the EFB or weather radar:

Rename the Captain_Sim.x777.efb.dll and Captain_Sim.x777.wxr.dll to something like *.dll_ so that they don't load.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top