Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Multiplayer Air Combat Pack (Read 3230 times)
Xpel

Multiplayer Air Combat Pack
Nov 25th, 2014 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
As a continuation of my previous post ( http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296886355/15#15 ) and "exploring" the possibilities for Multiplayer with CS Weapons regarding the most difficult part, ie, player vs player/s, I provide this "package" for Testing purposes if  there are people who would like to test this :

DownLoad Link --> https://app.box.com/s/rukltu8osee8wuo6rogd

Working Flares/"Chaffs" for MP included :

I'll just post the included "Read Me" :

Quote:
Aerial Combat Pack  -  (for CS Weapons).

This "pack" includes :

1. A Multiplayer FSX Mission for 2 players
2. The "CS_Weapon_Flares" simobject & associated files.
3. A customized "CSWeapon.xml" to use instead of the default in the MP Military Mission (1).

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

INSTALLATION :

1. Place "CS_Weapon_Flares" folder in : FSX/SimObjects/Misc/  "here" (with other CS Weapons)

2. Place "CSMPDogFight" folder in : FSX/Missions/Military/  "here" (with the other Mission folders)

3. Place the .fx file from inside "Effects" folder in : FSX/Effects/  "here" (if you don't already have it)

4. Place the .wav file from inside "Flare_Sound" folder in : FSX/Captain_Sim/weapon/sound/  "here" (with other .wav files)

5. RePlace your "CSWeapon.xml" file (after backing up your own), with the one provided, at your plane of choice (probably test with CS F/A-18 "Armed Defender")

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ABOUT the FLARES simobject :

Flares have already been "declared" at the provided "CSWeapon.xml" file & may be casted through the ROCKETS menu of CS Weapons in game. Above .xml arms your plane with just the following :
- Vulcan gun
- 80 x Flares
- 4 x AIM-9s

Some other customization has also been done to "fit" for the 2 players Multiplayer Aerial Combat Mission.
In practise : Player that defends himself from a possible hostile missile launch, should cast the flares and "hide" himself behide them, spamming this way the attacker's AIM9 IR Seaker with more simobjects than just his own plane to lock upon, reducing thus the probabilities of being locked. THIS ACTION MUST be done before a succesfull lock of the attacker upon defenders plane !!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ABOUT the "CSMPDogFight" Multiplayer Mission (2 slots) :

- Both players must install it on their pc's.
- By default, it uses the native FSX F-18 ! Purpose is that even players that don't own CS Weapon to be able to fly in it (ie, for testing purposes). So :

*** Inside Multiplayer Menu, change your plane to CS F/A-18 Armed Defender ***
(In this plane you should also have placed the provided CSWeapon.xml)

- The 2 players Start Head On at the edges of an Airport

Multiplayer Mission Functions :

- Each time a Vulcan bullet enters a 8m (24feet) area attached to each player (plane at center), triggers :
For shooting player the expected CS Weapon Effects
For player that takes the hit, sound effect of bullets hitting his plane, as also one random failure of the following : #1 engine fire,  #2 engine fire, Left or Right Aileron block, Nothing. Each time a new bullet enters this area, a new random choice is triggered.

- When AIM-9 missile enters a similar area 50m (150feet) wide, same as above events randomly being triggered.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

DISCLAIMER :

This mission has been tested that works only by me... ***but not in real Multiplayer*** environment with 2 players. So, it may not work as I expect it.

Provided for Testing Purposes & feedback is most welcome in case corrections needed.

If anyone would be interested to test Mission's functionality with me online, just say here. If tested, please inform about your results !...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top