Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 SYSTEMS (OTHER THAN FMC AND DISPLAYS) (Read 9037 times)
FCC

Re: SYSTEMS (OTHER THAN FMC AND DYSPLAYS)
Reply #30 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Hi again,

Uninstalled the CS777, re-downloaded and installed it but no result. TCAS is triggered without any traffic in the vicinity when time is compressed x4 or more. At normal speed I do not get any TCAS TA/RA.

Let´s see if devs can come up with an explanation or a fix for this issue.

Thanks and regards

FCC

IP Logged

guy

Reply #31 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
"TCAS is triggered without any traffic in the vicinity when time is compressed x4 or more. At normal speed I do not get any TCAS TA/RA."

To COMFORT you:
With FSX-SP2 I get TA/RA warnings ALL the TIME(with pauses of 30 seconds up to 2-3 minutes between), also at NORMAL speed.
(without any time compression)
Additionally  the different CALLS ("descent","climb", "clear of conflict" etc) are SUPERPOSED.
When I  set Tcas to "TA only" I get rid of those continuous very annoying calls, but I still see the OTHER traffic  nearby.

Imho it's clear, the plane sees ITSELF as traffic. Sad
I think  they are working on it.

Guy

IP Logged

Tanya
CS Team

Reply #32 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Guy and all, thank you. The issue is forwarded to developers, will keep you posted.

IP Logged

jsbryner

Reply #33 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Greetings all,
First time on the forum. Not sure how to post an issue. So, I'll reply to this and see where it goes.  Wink
Just purchased the v1.7 of CS 777 after a long deliberation.
A really well done product. Now, if I can get this erratic AP disconnect problem resolved I'll have a second to none B77.
As I write this I'm flying online as AAL2542 KDFW-KMIA (B772). On the last 5000 ft of the climb to FL410, the AP disconnects arbitrarily and everytime I reconnect it, within a few seconds it disconnects. Repeats too many times to count. So, I continuiously click on the A/P button for a few minutes, and since then it has not disconnected. I would like to float a possibility; if this version (1.7) has the automatic A/P disconnect if there is control input from the yoke, could an errant signal from the USB controller cause this? I know my CH Products Yoke is guilty of that (i.e.: calibrating shows it unstable when centered).  If this could be the case, could CS give the user the option to turn off the automatic A/P disconnect if there is control input from the yoke.  OK, 40nm NNW HRV and still going strong. Hope there's a solution to this.

Kind Regards,
Jeffrey S. Bryner

IP Logged

jsbryner

Reply #34 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
jsbryner wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 8:15pm:
Greetings all,
First time on the forum. Not sure how to post an issue. So, I'll reply to this and see where it goes.  Wink
A really well done product. Now, if I can get this erratic AP disconnect problem resolved I'll have a second to none B77.
As I write this I'm flying online as AAL2542 KDFW-KMIA (B772). On the last 5000 ft of the climb to FL410, the AP disconnects arbitrarily and everytime I reconnect it, within a few seconds it disconnects. Repeats too many times to count. So, I continuiously click on the A/P button for a few minutes, and since then it has not disconnected. I would like to float a possibility; if this version (1.7) has the automatic A/P disconnect if there is control input from the yoke, could an errant signal from the USB controller cause this? I know my CH Products Yoke is guilty of that (i.e.: calibrating shows it unstable when centered).  If this could be the case, could CS give the user the option to turn off the automatic A/P disconnect if there is control input from the yoke.  OK, 40nm NNW HRV and still going strong. Hope there's a solution to this.

Kind Regards,
Jeffrey S. Bryner

Sorry mates...My sim is Prepar3D Version 3.2.

IP Logged

jsbryner

Reply #35 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
jsbryner wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 8:18pm:
jsbryner wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 8:15pm:
Greetings all,

Kind Regards,
Jeffrey S. Bryner

Sorry mates...My sim is Prepar3D Version 3.2.

This might be a new record...posting then replying to one's own post within a few minutes.  Grin

Ok, I also forgot to mention, this problem is exacerbated by the TCAS warning for "self" (i.e.: it happens along with the problem).
So, since my original post, the problem presented itself again approx 40NM WNW BLVNS FL410. This time the AP disconnected, the B77 dives and otherwise is erratic. Got it under control manually, tried the trick of clicking the A/P button a million times and no luck this time. I thought the problem is the CH Products yoke, let me plug in my joystick (which I use to fly that other manufacturers a/c) and see what happens. It immediately recovered, A/P stayed engaged.  So, for this very non-scientific test, I would reiterate the request to have this feature (turn off the automatic A/P disconnect if there is control input from the yoke) under the control of the user to enable or disable.  She's still flying true crossing BUNNZ FL410 Mach .840 as I wrap up this post. Strange flying a Boeing with a sidestick, though.  Time for that new Saitek yoke I guess.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

IP Logged

Eric G

Reply #36 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
TCAS 'self warning' in P3D v3.3.5. Downloaded and installed v1.7 with A/V and firewalls OFF. Performed a successful manual activation. All systems function as they are supposed to, landing gear are visible in all models, AP and AT operate correctly.
The only issue I'm facing is the constant TCAS warning from the aircraft indicating itself as traffic.
I also have the FSX version and it doesn't suffer from this issue. Neither does the install I have for P3D v2.5. Both of those work flawlessly.
I would greatly appreciate any offers of assistance or a workaround for the TCAS issue in P3D v3.3.5.
Thank you.

IP Logged

ArabianVirtual_CEO

A lawyer by profession,
a pilot at heart.

Reply #37 - Jan 14th, 2017 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Not sure if this is a bug, or better as a feature request (I can't seem to post new feature requests). However, the A/P disconnects at the slightest tap of the rudder, and the movement of the throttles overrides the autothrottle. Perhaps that should be disabled, or at least have an option to disable them, through the FMC Smiley.

Mahmoud Fadli
Lawyer by profession, pilot at heart.
IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #38 - Jan 14th, 2017 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Eric G wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 7:22pm:
TCAS 'self warning' in P3D v3.3.5. Downloaded and installed v1.7 with A/V and firewalls OFF. Performed a successful manual activation. All systems function as they are supposed to, landing gear are visible in all models, AP and AT operate correctly.
The only issue I'm facing is the constant TCAS warning from the aircraft indicating itself as traffic.
I also have the FSX version and it doesn't suffer from this issue. Neither does the install I have for P3D v2.5. Both of those work flawlessly.
I would greatly appreciate any offers of assistance or a workaround for the TCAS issue in P3D v3.3.5.
Thank you.

Download the 1.71 update:

https://www.captainsim.com/products/x777/sp1710.html

It fixes this problem - AFAIK!

Mark Fletcher

i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 7 Pro 64 & Win 10 Pro 64
FSX, P3D, & FSX-SE
IP Logged

Tanya
CS Team

Reply #39 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 10:35am
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.8

IP Logged

jsbryner

Reply #40 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I am getting a CTD in Captain_Sim.x777.fms.gau when Center tanks empty and I do not respond (turn off CTR pumps) within a brief period.  What's interesting is I installed the 1.80 base pack, but the gauge version in the App Event below clearly show it as 1.7.2.0. Here's the APP EVENT 1000 Data:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.22.19868, time stamp: 0x588f7cbf
Faulting module name: Captain_Sim.x777.fms.gau, version: 1.7.2.0, time stamp: 0x58b304e9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000c00ea
Faulting process id: 0x2910
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2a26dde614987
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200ER_GE\panel\Captain_Sim.x777.fms.gau
Report Id: f911bcf0-b1d8-436c-b541-1dca88263fb2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

----------------------------------------
Environment is Prepar3D 3.4.22.19868. Windows 10 Professional.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top