Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
TCAS/NAV suggestions (Read 2149 times)
Caribflyer

TCAS/NAV suggestions
Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:26am
Print Post  
While the L-1011 didn't originially come with TCAS installed. It is a mandatory requirement for airliners to have them. For flying virtually, whether on a network or not, having a TCAS options is an essential part of flying. Please give this some consideration as it is not practical to fly with traffic and not know where they are.

In addition to this, these days there is a Navigation performance requirement for aircraft flying in RVSM airspace. This means that relying on the INS only isn't the best option. These days even aircraft with an INS system use this as a back up while the GPS is used primarily. While I know that the Default FSX GPS is used, it isn't very realistic for what you would expect to find on an L-1011. It would be nice to have an optional simple GPS unit as was commonly found on L-1011s in recent years that is actually VISIBLE in the cockpit (optional of course)

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

arpom

Re: TCAS/NAV suggestions
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 5:58am
Print Post  
+1

IP Logged

Naibor

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 11:31am
Print Post  
+1

i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz | Liquid Cooling | 16GB RAM | 2GB GTX760 | 2 x 27" Monitor | SSD 500GB | Win 10 Pro 64

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
+1

i7 4790k @ 4.0 GHz | H70 Liquid Cooling | Sabertooth MkII Mobo | Corsair 8GB DDR3 | EVGA 4GB GTX970 | 128GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD | Win 7 Home x64 |

IP Logged

Sirxamoc

Reply #4 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
AS much as I love the old school airplanes, there has to be a sense of common sense, meaning if I were flying an aircraft like DC3 in 1954, I would only have VOR and ADF for navigation, but if I were to fly a DC3 today, I would also have a GPS since I must be able to comply with FAA airspace, unless I want to try and fly into airspace with the minimum of equipment and then be delayed because the system has to work me in or deny me altogether  depending on airspace congestion.  The point is if you look at any of the still flying L1011 or MD11 or any large multi-engine plane, you will find a FMC or FMS or GPS either incased or bolted to the dash.

We would like an FMS or a FMC or a GPS for the L1011. Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top