Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Questions (Read 28359 times)
Rikenbacker

Re: Questions
Reply #45 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Rikenbacker wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 7:40am:
David Paul wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 7:55pm:
Do you have the "High Resolution Virtual Cockpit" option enabled in FSX?

Prepar3D have this option? I didn't know about it. Thank you, I'll try to check it option.

Nom Prepar3D has no option. Textures still look ugly.

IP Logged

Mustang1977

Reply #46 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Could you please show this with a screenshot? Maybe this is normal.

IP Logged

Snacko

Reply #47 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
I cannot start a new thread.  And I did a search for 'cold and dark' which I believe is the topic I am looking for.  But the forum gave me 0 matches.  So, I guess I have to just post this anywhere I can...   Roll Eyes

How can I create a quick Free Flight mission with everything shut down

I also would like to make sure that ALL of the switches are in their default positions so that I can follow the manual and do a complete startup?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Don Nelson

Don

Reply #48 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 2:24am
Print Post  
Start FSX, select your CS aircraft, then click Load (lower left on window), select cold and dark. You take it from there.

Add a post with a period a few more times.

IP Logged

Snacko

Reply #49 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply and advice.  I hesitate to 'spam' with periods, but if that is acceptable here I will do it if I need to.   Wink

IP Logged

Snacko

Reply #50 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Yes, I have loaded that Cold and Dark flight before.  But it is not all shutdown.  There are still lights on. 

So, I turn off the 'Battery Switch' on the top of the back panel, and all of those lights go off.  I saved the mission.  But when I load it again, the Battery Switch is back on!!  And  I am wondering what other switches are not off(or in their default position). 

I am not a professional pilot, so I don't know..  I assume that between flights, some things/systems are left on.  But when an aircraft is completely 'Cold and Dark' shouldn't everything be off?

IP Logged

DevInc

Reply #51 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Hi @all.
My name is Phil and this is my first question - hopefully my last one   Wink
I've bought the 727-100 P3D v3.1. Everything works fine.

I only have one question about the INS in combination with the Flightplan-Page.
I know - and it works fine - that the INS can auto-switch to the NEXT page of the flightplan (if there are more than one).
But, is it possible und how is it possible to switch manually back to e.g. the first page and fly to one of these waypoints?!
E.g. you already are on page 2 but due to an emergency etc. you want to go direct to a waypoint / airfield from the first page..

Since I have this wonderful airplane i am looking all over the net for an answer, but nothing found yet..  Undecided

Thanks  Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #52 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 12:53am
Print Post  
I don't think that you can do a Direct To on a waypoint on a previous page (a page that is no longer in use). I think you would need to add the waypoint manually (insert the coordinates) to a position along the route ahead, then set the route leg as 0X (X being the number where you added the waypoint.

For example:

Say I am doing the Page 2 45 leg of the route. I would then insert the coordinates for the airport into waypoint 6 (or 7, 8, 9). Then I would select WY PT CHG and enter 06 (or 07, 08, 09). This would have me flying Direct To the waypoint with the coordinates I have entered.

To get the coordinates of the airport I wanted, I would open the GPS > Press the Right Large Arrow to go to the APT (airport) page > Press the PUSH CRSR button > Press the Left Small Arrow (to set the cursor on the first letter) > Then enter the airport code using the keyboard (i.e. KLAX) > Then press ENT twice to accept, then remove the highlight. Under Position, is the coordinates for the airport, so I would enter those into the INS to set that airport as the waypoint. This method can be used for getting the coordinates of Intersections (INT), NDB's, and VOR's.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

DevInc

Reply #53 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Hi an thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately I guessed something like that Sad

Thanks for the description anyway. I know how to add / change the coordinates.

But I asked because I also use Pro-ATC/X and I have chosen to let the program auto-load a new GPS flightplan whenever I got the STAR & Arrival. (so: new GPS Flightplan = new INS Flightplan). - It is not really a complete new plan, but the SID-points have then been deleted and instead the STAR points have been inserted after the last enroute point. So all points from the plan are now changed in position.
I recognized "the problem" when I already was on Page 2  Leg 23 and I got the STAR from ATC which was auto-loaded in the Flightplan.
BUT: the STAR now startet at the end of page 1 and the INS still, of course, was on Page 2 23, which now was in short final of the flight. So I wanted to change the actual waypoint to the correct one which is now on page 1. ...

But now I think, in this case I have to change manually all points whenever Pro-atc loads up the new plan or add the STAR points coordinates manually when I get the correct star... Sad

Does anybody know how it was done in the real world with INS!? Did the pilots input all STAR coordinates while they were already descending?

Thanks anyway Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top