Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 Questions (Read 28406 times)
rservice
Beta Team

Re: FOR NEWCOMERS - ask your questions here
Reply #15 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
Use the left and right mouse buttons to move the frequencies. Do you have a joystick , yoke?
Ron

IP Logged

Nick Cooper

Re: FOR NEWCOMERS - ask your questions here
Reply #16 - Dec 24th, 2013 at 7:23am
Print Post  
The aircraft does not have a master avionics switch and the radios will not respond unless the avionics are switched on.
You will need to use the FSX key which you will find under settings\controls\buttons\keys\Avionics Master (on/off)

Regards,
Nick

IP Logged

flyboy737

Re: Questions
Reply #17 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Guys I have new computer with windows 8.1.  I cannot get my 727 to run in the OS.  I have FS9 and I did the whole compatibility thing and run as administer but the sim crashes every time I try to load the aircraft.  Please advise I miss flying this great aircraft. Angry

IP Logged

Ken Boardman

Reply #18 - May 6th, 2014 at 7:17am
Print Post  
There doesn't seem to be good info in the manuals regarding proper
operation of the fuel transfer system.  How accurately is it modeled?
What are the transfer switch positions at engine start?  My fuel
transfer system never seems to do what I expect it to based on
switch position(s) > thus my questions.
  I normally start my flights by loading the default Cessna and then
shutting down it engine, electrical system, and magneto switch. I
leave the avionics switch in the ON position.  Then I load a B721
livery (usually Eastern AL).
Thank you,
Ken Boardman

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #19 - May 6th, 2014 at 10:18am
Print Post  

As far as I know....

Tank to Engine at engine start (all the switches are already set that way when the 727 is first loaded into FSX).
Possibly Tank to Engine during the climb, but if not, Center Tank to ALL Engines.
Once at cruise altitude, feed all engine from the centre tank until it is equal to the fuel remaining in the wing tanks, then switch it back to Tank to Engine for the rest of the flight.

Note. If all fuel tanks are equal when you start the engines, leave them that way for the entire flight.

To set it up so that the center tank to feeds all the engines, set the switches like I have them set in the following image:

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv58/Markoz958/727fuel.jpg~original

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Ken Boardman

Reply #20 - May 6th, 2014 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Thank for the reply and for inserting the illustration Mark.
My transfer (rotary) switches do not appear the way they
look in your  illustration  when the 727 is first loaded.
They appear as > LH and RH transfer switches horizontal (closed ?)
and CTR transfer switch vertical (as though the center tank
would feed all three engines; however fuel is being drawn
from all three tanks after the engines are started ?).  
As I mentioned earlier< I always begin a 727 flight be
loading the default Cessna first.  
  Is it possible that I'm missing something during scenario startup
that causes the 727's transfer switches to load improperly;
perhaps showing closed when perhaps they are open?
I'm thinking that something may be causing them to
be "out of synch" (operating bass ackwards ~Smiley
Best regards,
Ken

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #21 - May 7th, 2014 at 2:42am
Print Post  
No! The image is for how to set them so that the Center Tank feeds fuel to all 3 engines.

Mine do not look like they are set, in my previous reply, when the 727 first loads into FSX either.

They look like this:

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv58/Markoz958/727_fuel_setup_on_starting_in_...

That is how the fuel switches are set in the 727 when it first loads into FSX for me. With these settings, the fuel is set to Tank to Engine - i.e.:

#1 Tank (Left Wing Tank) feeds fuel to #1 Engine (Left Engine)
#2 Tank (Center Tank) feeds fuel to #2 Engine (Center Engine)
#3 Tank (Right Wing Tank) feed fuel to #3 Engine (Right Engine)

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Ken Boardman

Reply #22 - May 7th, 2014 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the followup explanation Mark. Mine is loading just like yours.
I guess that's a good thing Smiley
  Makes more sense to me now.  I'd kinda figured out how to make
the system work the way I needed it to >> after a few inflight engine
restarts, LOL!!  I think that all is well now here.
  The plane still makes me scratch my head a lot,  but I do enjoy
flying it. I find it to be very smooth on the ground,  and smooth in the
air too (fun to hand fly).
Best regards,
Ken

IP Logged

RobWilk

Reply #23 - May 8th, 2014 at 3:15am
Print Post  
I think it helps to take the confusion out of the system if you look at the fuel panel as the schematic drawing that it actually is.

Each section (ENG 1 - left, ENG 2 - center, ENG 3 - right) is schematically drawn with the tank (represented by the gauges labeled NO 1, NO 2 & NO 3 TANK) in the middle. Follow the lines from the tank and you'll see the flow of fuel. It is drawn to the pumps, then through the LOW PRESS lights (OFF if the pumps are ON) to join up immediately prior to flowing through each respective Fuel Shutoff valve to the engine. The engines in the picture are where the ENG 1 / 2 / 3 label is, right below the shutoff valve. There are even small arrows on the lines between the low press lights and the shutoff valves indicating direction of flow.

As Mark stated, in normal operation with equal fuel in all tanks, the switches are set for tank to engine operation and the #2 Fuel Crossfeed Manifold valve stays open to keep the Fuel Crossfeed Manifold pressurized. Looking at the schematic while feeding all engines from the center tank, you can see that with the #1 & #3 AFT and FWD Boost Pumps off, the only way the left and right engines get fuel is through their respective Fuel Crossfeed Manifold valves, which will be open.

I'm pretty sure that in the real airplane, there is no need to switch off any pumps to feed all engines from the center tank, as the four pumps in the #2 system run at a higher pressure than the ones in the #1 & #3 systems, so basically overpower those to feed fuel to the outboard engines. It's been a very long time since I flew the airplane though, so in order to prove that I'd have to dig through a mound of manuals in the garage...or just wait for Lou to confirm, deny or clarify Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #24 - May 8th, 2014 at 6:08am
Print Post  
The thing that I find difficult with the fuel management is that whenever I open the Left and Right Fuel Crossflow Valves, while the Left and Right FWD and AFT Boost Pumps are ON, the fuel is fed from one tank, say the No1 Tank, for a while, then it will switch to another tank (No2), then the next (No3). It will cycle through this  until I either close the Left and Right Fuel Crossflow Valves, or turn the Left and Right FWD and AFT Boost Pumps are OFF. I've never found out if that is the way it happens in real life or not, but it seems strange to me.
Undecided

In the early days after I got the CS 727, I spent a lot time trying to balance them better. After Lou explained what to do (as per the info I provided before), I have never had to worry about it. It becomes a simple case of the Center (No2) Tank feeding all the emgines until it is roughtly equal to the Left (no1) and Right (No3) Tanks. Then turn on all the Boost Pumps, and close the Left and Right Fuel Crossflow Valves.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

RobWilk

Reply #25 - May 8th, 2014 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on May 8th, 2014 at 6:08am:
The thing that I find difficult with the fuel management is that whenever I open the Left and Right Fuel Crossflow Valves, while the Left and Right FWD and AFT Boost Pumps are ON, the fuel is fed from one tank, say the No1 Tank, for a while, then it will switch to another tank (No2), then the next (No3). It will cycle through this  until I either close the Left and Right Fuel Crossflow Valves, or turn the Left and Right FWD and AFT Boost Pumps are OFF. I've never found out if that is the way it happens in real life or not, but it seems strange to me.
Undecided

In the early days after I got the CS 727, I spent a lot time trying to balance them better. After Lou explained what to do (as per the info I provided before), I have never had to worry about it. It becomes a simple case of the Center (No2) Tank feeding all the emgines until it is roughtly equal to the Left (no1) and Right (No3) Tanks. Then turn on all the Boost Pumps, and close the Left and Right Fuel Crossflow Valves.

I noticed that too, which led me to just turn off the pumps. I'm sure it doesn't work that way in the real airplane as the #2 system pumps should overpower the #1 and #3 pumps. For me that was an initial ground school thing as I flew the airplane as an FO so fuel balance wasn't my job, but that of the SO. I do remember them taking great pride when running tank to engine, in getting all the levels exactly equal by tweaking them with the Fuel Crossfeed Manifold valves. This wouldn't have been possible if they had to turn off pumps to crossfeed as the delay in re-setting pumps and valves wouldn't allow the exact equality they were looking for.

The CS version works just fine as you stated. The only time it's been an issue for me is on the odd occasion when needing max range, my virtual SO Wink has left the system in crossfeed mode until the center tank is much lower than the wing tanks Roll Eyes  You should be able to just turn off all the #2 pumps and feed equally from #1 and #3 but that ain't happening because of the characteristic you mentioned above about feeding from the tanks on a rotational basis. It will feed from #1 then #3 then whatever it feels like doing at the time. so it becomes from that point, a constant monitoring operation feeding from #1 with all the rest of the pumps off until its level is equal to #2, then feeding from #3 until it equals the other two.

Oh for an actual virtual SO to whom you could say, "Ain't my job...just fix it" Grin

IP Logged

Ken Boardman

Reply #26 - May 8th, 2014 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
To Mark and Rob,
  Everything you both have stated above has been my experience
also. My skepticism regarding it's operation as related to real
world 727 fuel system is what prompted me to ask about it.
  I have had no trouble balancing tanks (as long as #2 level doesn't
go below #1 and #3); however as you've pointed out, I've found
it necessary to routinely cycle the boost pumps off/on to ensure
a reasonably balance fuel load Smiley
Thank you for your great explanations.
Ken

IP Logged

stecek

Reply #27 - Sep 20th, 2014 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
I've big problem with my b727 by capitan. I really like the plane but I can't fly because just before landing my fsx is turning off by an error. What i supposed to do? Angry

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #28 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
The 727 fuel system is NOT able to transfer fuel, only cross feed.

In general, regardless of fuel load, start, taxi & takeoff tank-to-engine.

After climb power set: if fuel in tank #2 exceeds tanks #1 & #3, start a cross feed from tank #2 to feed all engines until all tanks are equal.

The way this is done is:

1. All boost pumps ON.............................. ON
2. Ignition ON.......................................... ON
3. All cross feed valves OPEN..................... OPEN
4. Turn off boost pumps one at a time in tanks #1 & #3
    while observing engine........ CHECK
5. When all tanks equal:
    Turn ON all boost pumps...................... ON
6. Cross feed valves #1 & #3 CLOSE......... CLOSE
7. Cross feed #2 valve OPEN.................... OPEN
8. Ignition OFF............................. .......... OFF

In the real world, this is a crew coordinated procedure. That means the F/E will alert the rest of the crew before turning off boost pumps.

If both stages of the engine driven fuel pump are working, the engine will suction feed from the fuel tank without boost pump pressure at less than full power. The boost pumps in tank #2 are slightly higher pressure than tanks #1 & #3.

Any questions????
Hope this makes sense.

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

dinger

Reply #29 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
sorry but I was trying to find out how to start a new post but have not found out yet...I am new on this forum...so please bear with me.....
My question is if I bought the 727 Captain ACE pack, 727 Captain 100 and 200 exterior mods do I still need to to purchase the base pack???? I bought all 3 of there back in 2005 -2007(so yes it has been a while since I bought them) I just never used them yet.... so again...would I need the Base pack for these mods????    any help is appreciated!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top