Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Solution: CTD / FATAL ERROR (Captain_Sim.c130.gau) (Read 17218 times)
Herky78

Solution: CTD / FATAL ERROR (Captain_Sim.c130.gau)
Aug 1st, 2013 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Hello herculesdrivers,

if you've got trouble loading the C-130:

TURN OFF ACCUFEEL
TURN OFF FSSOUNDSTREAM
(via FSX->Menu->Add-Ons)

You can RE-ACTIVATE those nice tools AFTER the correct initialization, which ALWAYS includes to CYCLE 2D-Panel -> VC -> Spot View (don't forget!)

It works fine on my system, Win7/64 but you have to TURN OFF both tools and RESTART FSX BEFORE you can select another C-130 version!

(Don't know exactly but it seems "Captain_Sim.c130.gau" doesn't work together with the tools mentioned above; if you disable this gauge, you don't need to turn the tools off but also don't enjoy the nice sounds like GTC or AlarmJump etc. Should be worth been fixed since it was build in 2008...)

yours sincerely

IP Logged

KSATBob

Re: Solution: CTD / FATAL ERROR (Captain_Sim.c130.gau)
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2013 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Since I can not post a new topic I have been directed by Captain Sim to reply to the closest topic. So, I am getting a CTD but not related to gauges. I was on a long flight and nearly 3/4 of the way complete when I got an ATC check-in messages. I replied and as soon as the Roger came back, my CTD occurred. IFR flight, no add-ons other than UTX and MyTraffic 5.4C. Any ideas, suggestions, related issues or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Not sure but it seems to be happening only when I use a C-130J. Thanks, Bob

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2013 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Did you start FSX, load the C-130, the have the CTD 3/4 of the way through the flight? Or were you using other aircraft (one or more) prior to switching to the C-130?

The reason I'm asking this is because I can fly for ages in FSX, then, out of the blue I get a CTD! I especially get a CTD when swapping between two high end addon aircraft. This led me to finish a flight, exit FSX, then restart FSX, do another flight.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

KSATBob

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
New flight with the C-130J. Initially I did not have extra packs 1 & 2 installed and did not have a CTD. After installing packs 1 & 2, and flying the C-130J I started having the problem. Since that time I have uninstalled packs 1 & 2 and still have the problem. I have tried numerous combinations to isolate the problem including not using all the gauges (radar, pressurization, oxygen, etc) but still have the problem. I have used the startup cycle of 2d cockpit, vc and locked spot before using any gauges and still have the problem. I have even uninstalled the C-130 and reinstalled. Thanks for the feedback I will make sure it is a "clean" startup and try again............. Sad

IP Logged

wingclip

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2013 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Herky78 wrote on Aug 1st, 2013 at 8:22pm:
Hello herculesdrivers,

if you've got trouble loading the C-130:

TURN OFF ACCUFEEL
TURN OFF FSSOUNDSTREAM
(via FSX->Menu->Add-Ons)

You can RE-ACTIVATE those nice tools AFTER the correct initialization, which ALWAYS includes to CYCLE 2D-Panel -> VC -> Spot View (don't forget!)

It works fine on my system, Win7/64 but you have to TURN OFF both tools and RESTART FSX BEFORE you can select another C-130 version!

(Don't know exactly but it seems "Captain_Sim.c130.gau" doesn't work together with the tools mentioned above; if you disable this gauge, you don't need to turn the tools off but also don't enjoy the nice sounds like GTC or AlarmJump etc. Should be worth been fixed since it was build in 2008...)

yours sincerely

I haven't tried it yet but AccuFeel has a Glitch with the "Turbulence" setting slider. In fact, they instruct to slide the bottom one of the three, all the way to the left, (off). I was getting that mess on a different aircraft and found out that this is what caused it.

But as I said, I haven't tried it on my C130 yet, (I’ve been reinstalling FSX fresh to a new 'dedicated' HDD after installing a SSD for a fresh installation of Windows 7 O/S for the last 4 weeks or so.

So I just reinstalled my CS C130 and need to starting up and see what happens but if I have any trouble and the Turbulence slider 'trick' doesn't work, I'll definitely try your suggestion! The fact is, I’ve been just cutting off all 3 turbulence slider adjustments so I wouldn’t be fighting some strange behavior. That’s happened a few times and I always forget to try going after the AccuFeel first Sad.
Thanks, Rich

Weapon for FSX / 737 Captain (737-200) / 767 Captain (767-300 Base Pack) / B-52 Driver / C-130 X-perience (FSX) / C-130 Extra Pack I

IP Logged

KSATBob

Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2013 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Markoz: "Did you start FSX, load the C-130, the have the CTD 3/4 of the way through the flight? Or were you using other aircraft (one or more) prior to switching to the C-130?

The reason I'm asking this is because I can fly for ages in FSX, then, out of the blue I get a CTD! I especially get a CTD when swapping between two high end addon aircraft. This led me to finish a flight, exit FSX, then restart FSX, do another flight."

You are CORRECT!! If you have a clean start of FSX and go through the cycle (2D, VC, Locked Spot) everything seems to work fine and NO CTD.............. Grin

IP Logged

KSATBob

Reply #6 - Sep 12th, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
I am afraid that I have to correct my earlier response. By having a clean start and going through the cycle of 2D, VC, Locked Spot it did NOT solve my problem. I have eliminated the addons where I set CPU priority and made sure no other add-ons were running but still a CTD about 1/2 through my flight. I am at a loss. I will also go back and deinstall things like DBS FollowMe and see if that is having an effect. I was flying the current C-130E. I do have base pack 1 & 2 installed as well. If I find anything I will post it here.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Sep 13th, 2013 at 3:48am
Print Post  
I don't think that the other things are causing the CTD. But then it could be an OOM (Out Of Memory) CTD, or it could be that something is not working correctly in the C-130J itself.

Try the flight with the C-130E (from the Base Pack) and see if FSX still CTD's.

You might need to reinstall the Extra Pack I to fix the problem.

The installer might be corrupt, so you might need to download the installer again (using the Extended Download Service) and then reinstall it.
Check-in to Your Profile > Product > Extended Download Service > Get New Links

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

KSATBob

Reply #8 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 2:36am
Print Post  
I have determined that the CTD is a result of improper AP settings. If you have the MOD SEL set to GPS you MUST have the switch set to NORMAL. If you have the MOD SEL set to GPS and the switch is set to HEADING, there is a good chance you may get a CTD. Also noted was that if you change these settings in the pop-up that does NOT mean that the settings in the cockpit (either 2D or VC) will reflect that change.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #9 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 3:30am
Print Post  
KSATBob wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 2:36am:
I have determined that the CTD is a result of improper AP settings. If you have the MOD SEL set to GPS you MUST have the switch set to NORMAL. If you have the MOD SEL set to GPS and the switch is set to HEADING, there is a good chance you may get a CTD. Also noted was that if you change these settings in the pop-up that does NOT mean that the settings in the cockpit (either 2D or VC) will reflect that change.

My 2D and VC A/P match each other. If I change anything on the 2D A/P it is copied in the VC, if I change anything on the VC A/P it is copied on the 2D A/P. Both of them move at the same time too (synchronized). I wonder why yours is different. Undecided
Also. I always have the switch set to HEADING. I have never used it in the NORMAL position.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

KSATBob

Reply #10 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
KSATBob wrote on Sep 14th, 2013, 9:36pm:

My 2D and VC A/P match each other. If I change anything on the 2D A/P it is copied in the VC, if I change anything on the VC A/P it is copied on the 2D A/P. Both of them move at the same time too (synchronized). I wonder why yours is different.
Also. I always have the switch set to HEADING. I have never used it in the NORMAL position.

I MUST have the switch set to NORMAL if I expect the AP to fly my flight plan course. Interesting that we are getting different results. I can't post the links here but I do have a drop box with pictures of both 2D and VC with the switches not coordinanted.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #11 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 7:56am
Print Post  
I've just done a test flight.

C-130J
GPS flight plan
MODE SEL Switch set to GPS
FLT DIR – AUTO PILOT Switch set to NORMAL

After takeoff, I use the A/P with the MODE SEL Switch set to HDG and intercepted my GPS flight plan.
For the en-route flight, I used the MODE SEL Switch set to GPS
For the Approach, I used the MODE SEL Switch set to HDG until I intercepted the ILS, where I switched it to VOR/ILS 1
To capture the G/S, I switched the A/P GLIDE button.
The flight went perfect all the way, not once did the 2D A/P Panel or VC A/P Panels disagree, they were synchronized for they entire flight.

This was the first flight I have ever done in any of the Captain Sim C-130's, and I honestly can't see any difference with the switch in NORMAL or MANUAL. The behaviour of the A/P was the same regardless of that switch setting. So it explains why I have never used the C-130 with the switch set to normal.

Are you sure that all the installers for your Base Pack and Extra Pack I & II are all the same version, AND the latest version, v1.3, as well? I still recommend downloading all the installers again, and then reinstall them all in the hope that it will fix the problem.

Note: I have the Captain Sim C-130 X-perience, which is the Base Pack, Extra Pack I and Extra Pack II all combined in a single installation file (csp131_1300.exe). Whether this makes a difference, or not, I don't know.

Quote:
I can't post the links here but I do have a drop box with pictures of both 2D and VC with the switches not coordinanted.

You can still paste the links (without using the format buttons) in your reply, I will just have to copy and paste them in the browser address bar so I can view them. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

KSATBob

Reply #12 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
2D AP settings, note difference between pop-up and panel:

app.box.com/s/h4wzxcucp7iz6o96q3ly

VC AP settings, again note difference between pop-up and panel:

app.box.com/s/ao7q3jgzobe749eq16tw

I purchased the C-130 Experience before Extra packs 1 & 2 were purchased and installed AFTER C-130 Base. Maybe there is a difference?

IP Logged

KSATBob

Reply #13 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
KSATBob wrote on Sep 18th, 2013 at 8:09pm:
2D AP settings, note difference between pop-up and panel:

app.box.com/s/h4wzxcucp7iz6o96q3ly

VC AP settings, again note difference between pop-up and panel:

app.box.com/s/ao7q3jgzobe749eq16tw

I purchased the C-130 Experience before Extra packs 1 & 2 were purchased and installed AFTER C-130 Base. Maybe there is a difference?

Sorry, captions are reference first one is VC and second one is 2D..

IP Logged

KSATBob

Reply #14 - Sep 21st, 2013 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Sep 17th, 2013 at 7:56am:
Base Pack and Extra Pack I & II are all the same version, AND the latest version, v1.3, as well?

I went back and checked and all three Base and Extra Packs are all 1.3. I guess we just have to chaulk this up as just an unexplained issue. Thanks for your help, MUCH appreciated.

Bob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top