Print Post  
'nuff said.

Smiley

IP Logged

JayG

Re: 2D panel please
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2013 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Ditto! After owning almost every plane CS makes it pains me to stop buying them, but for me, no 2D cockpit, no sale. I guess they can afford to lose sales Sad

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

Kapitan

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2013 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
I was a 2D panel die hard, until Captainsim made the best VC out there.
It might be a reason from your side that prevents you from perceiving that today 3D is better.

a) what are your computer specs? many times low-end computers make VC slow and thus people don't like it. Get a modern PC!

b) Most important, does your joystick has a hat-switch, and is it properly configured? A hat switch makes the difference between chosing 2D or 3D. Without a hat switch I wouldnt like VC either. Make sure your joystick has it, or get a proper one. Ezdok camera or EZCA oalso helps a lot to enjoy VC.

&&&&

IP Logged

Jeff F.

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2013 at 4:29am
Print Post  
I've started on this myself while we wait for Mon Capitan to provide an update. I'd post a shot, but can't post pic's until ten written posts. Problem is, cockpit shots are blurry. Too blurry to make out which knobs control which settings and which buttons do what. I've been able to make out the readouts for the pilot and copilot AP altitude settings window, and I can make out one AP heading set button. I presume the trim wheel looking object is the vert speed set and perhaps the window beside it the readout but it's just a guess. The Nav1 radio (are they both Nav1 or is the copilot's Nav2) is clear enough to see the tuning knob but what the heck is that 3 position knob below it and what does that little red light at center top indicate?
Sigh  Shocked
I'll keep looking for better cockpit photos, and when I've posted enough I'll put up some screenies as work progresses. If anyone can help with either firsthand knowledge or directions to photos etc. I'd be grateful.

Rgds:  Jeff

IP Logged

arpom

Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2014 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
VC is great but some instruments are hardly visible so proper navigation and plane management is quite challenging. Definitely 2D of some instruments would be highly appreciated.

IP Logged

Debostar

Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
One needs a good joystick with a hat switch and a large-ish monitor....Then you realize that a VC is the way to go....

George&&&&&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top